Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

FlyQueen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullados

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?
I've been playing various versions of this deck ever since I saw Flex released last year. Flex is amazing, and I love Queen's searching ability. I've done this deck with two different Trainer engines, and I'm not sure which one is better for this particular deck:

Pokemon (26):
4 Holon's Castform (the only starter for this deck cuz of the Energy thing)
4 Trapinch Grass
2 Vibrava Psy Uncommon
3 Flygon Delta
2 Flex Delta
3 Nidoran Delta
2 Nidorina Delta
3 Nidoqueen Delta
3 (TecH spots. Right now, it's Latios ex, Mew*, and Absol ex, but that can change very easily)

Energy (12):
4 Delta Rainbow
7 Psychic
1 Scramble (TecH for late game Queen powerups)

Trainer Engine #1 (22):
3 Scott
3 Mentor
3 Celio
3 Hermit
4 Candy
4 Windstorm
2 Switch/Warp Point

Trainer Engine #2 (22):
4 Great/Dual Ball
4 Master/Dark Ball
3 Quick Ball
3 Hermit
4 Candy
4 Windstorm

I think everybody knows the FlyQueen strategy, so I don't really need to go over it. Get a Queen quickly, preferrably 2, and set up from there. The first Engine is a little more consistent, the second is faster. I chose Hermit over all the other options b/c it's saved me many games in my Electranite deck, and there's a fair amount of TecH in this deck. The Flex line is a little bit modular in that I can easily switch the Flex and Flelta numbers easily. I'm just trying to see how different Trainer engines work in something already established, though I'm always looking for more help in the exact build of this thing...

I think that you will be better off with the first set of Trainers because with a 3-2-3 line of Nidoqueen d you shouldn't need 11 cards that search for pokemon. I think it might be a good idea to stick in a Castaway or Mr. Stone's to get you energy for delta supply.

I like Queen as both a search engine and as a backup attacker. With 3 modular spots that I can change pretty much at will (what I would give for a 5 card sideboard in this game), I'm pretty good as far as attackers go.

I'm leaning towards the first engine as well. I'm open to suggestions as to how to improve each Trainer engine as well. I like Hermit for the Prize thing, but I haven't really looked too hard at what else is out there that doesn't require discarding.

With Nidoqueen, you can Bill's Maintenance (CG) then Invite a pokemon shuffled back into your deck into your hand again. That'd... Kinda work for avoiding the discard cost.

3 Scott seems odd, especially since you play no stadiums.

Scott is there solely to get me my Supporters, sort of a pseudo-replacement for Transceiver. Three of them is to try and make sure that I can at least get a turn 2 Mentor going. That's part of the reason I was thinking Dual/Great balls in here, so that I can get Casty working quicker.

I was thinking about Bill, and I like the card in principle. However, Hermit has saved me at least 4 games (and one Victory Medal) in the approximately 10-15 games that I've used it. That's a good enough track record for me.

Maybe a Trainer engine looking a little more like this...?

Trainers (22):
4 Great Ball
4 Dual Ball
3 Celio's Network
3 Island Hermit
4 Windstorm
4 Candy

8 ways to get Basics onto my bench or into my hand. Great BAll is preferred in the early game, but either is nice to have. Hopefully, I get 2 of them plus 2 Basics in my opening hand, and I can run from there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back