For all you who use paypal...

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by ColdCoates90, Jul 14, 2008.

1. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 New Member

Do you have a personal,business,or premier account? I've been using a personal one for a long time and have done 15 auctions with no fees on ebay from paypal. Then all of a sudden I receive a debit card payment and apparently personal accounts can't accept them. The automatic email I was sent told me that the only way to receive this payment was to upgrade to premier so I do it. I accept the payment now of $13 and some change only to find that I'm charged 0.70 to receive it. Wow are you serious? So I look it up and yeah, they get 1.9%-2.9% per transaction + .30.

So do you find it to your advantage to have one account over the other? I'm considering downgrading, but I lose these options apparently if I do:
    * You can downgrade only once from a Business or Premier account to a Personal account.
    * After you downgrade to a Personal account, you can no longer use the PayPal Debit Card.
    * Fee adjustments or refunds on payments received are not available.
    * After you downgrade, you won't be able to use Website Payments products or use PayPal as an Additional Payment option

Everything off that sounds fine but I don't quite get what the last one says.

EDIT: It appears I can have a premier to accept credit card payments and a personal to receive already existing balance payments.Is there anyway of making it so that cc payments go to the premier account and all others are sent to the personal?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

My account is premier, but I don't have one of those Paypal debit cards.
    But 70 cents for $13 sounds pretty normal. In the past few days I've had lot of money comming in... and here are the results

How much............... How much PayPal deducted
    Money I had
    Coming in
    as payment

$22.61 USD................. -$0.96 USD
    $21.00 USD................. -$0.91 USD
    $26.00 USD .................-$1.05 USD
    $31.00 USD .................-$1.20 USD
    $29.00 USD ................. -$1.14 USD
    $31.00 USD ................. -$1.20 USD
    $22.00 USD................. -$0.94 USD
    $21.51 USD .................-$0.92 USD

Look, I got charged over a dollar four times!

I don't know how to help you, but maybe you'll feel better when you see that they took so much from me. :thumb: :smile: :lol:

3. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

It's worth using paypal despite the money it takes out.
    I have a premer account myself.
    I also have the card, but I really don't use it :O!

4. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 New Member

I don't have the debit card,even though it tells me they'll take it away. Would hvaing a personal account and a premier account work like I said it would though? Receive balances through the personal and credit card payments trhough the premier?

5. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

Paypal is really nice to use. I started off with a basic account when I first got it, and upgraded after realizing that I couldnt accept credit card payments. To me, upgrading tot he premiere account, and just tacking on a small amount more to the total seems to be the best way to get around the fees. I charge the paypal fee in my shipping and handling fee on my auction, so it all works out.