Forget Pokémon - the new fad is...

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by UncleBob, Sep 10, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

Anyone who grew up in the 80's will remember these... While looking at the cards today, I spotted a totally new series of 'Garbage Pail Kids' cards! What amazing things these were... Anyone remember them or seen the new ones?

2. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

There is one inserted in many comics published by DC Comics this month. Haven't really looked at it as i just noticed it when going through my latest shipment and doing my normal cataloguing of what i received (& didn't).

3. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

Forget both of those... POGS FOR EVERYONE!

4. dkates

dkates New Member

LOL. At home, I've got like 10-15 of those tubes filled with Pogs, plus a few dozen binder sheets full of them.

5. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

heh... The difference between POGs and Garbage Pail Kids is that the GPK crew was cool. And they had a movie. ;)

6. Android17a

Android17a New Member

Riiiiight.

7. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

Bah. This is the 16th series of these cards and they've been around for abourn 20 years... isn't that amazing?

8. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

Man, I remember trying to get my parents to buy these for me when I was a whee child.

9. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

I remember dad driving myself and my sister in to the video store late one night, and letting us pick ONE VIDEO. We went for the GPK, but because it was so late we weren't allowed to watch it that night, and had to wait until morning. Talk about dragging out the suspense.

The next morning we both got up waaay earlier than most doctors recommend and excitedly inserted the tape. Then, we discovered that THE STORE HAD MIXED UP THE TAPES, and what we had rented was actually a documentry on how the human brain worked.

YOU CAN'T IMAGINE THE PAIN!!!

10. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Can't say I remember the things, but I guess I was more of a late 80's/early 90's kid.

They brought back a lot of stuff from when I was a kid. Care Bears, Ninja Turtles, Polly Pocket, GI Joe, Transformers, He-Man (although I think the latter three were just barely before my time). I used to joke that the only thing left was My Little Pony. Then, I saw a My Little Pony commercial the other day. Kinda depressing.

11. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Wacky Packs > GPK

showing his age here....