Fossil Ditto is causing a problem

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by HYPER EEVEE, Sep 8, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Can you use boost energy on ditto if he is copying an evovled form?

Does the opponent get two prizes if they knock out Ditto while he is copying an EX card?

If ditto is battling pichu(NG) and it uses zap is ditto credited as having a pokemon power?

2. Captain Obviousx1

Captain Obviousx1 New Member

1) Don't know what Boost Energy is or does...

2)Yes.

3)Yes, Ditto always has its power, the card even says so.

3. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

I agree with CaptainObvious, though you bring up a good point with boost energy. Off hand I'd say you could play Boost Energy on Ditto as long as it is opposite an evolved pokemon, though I could be wrong.

4. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Quoth Compendium:

5. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

And yes, Ditto gives two prizes if opposite an EX Pokemon, just like he gives no Prize if opposite a Mysterious Fossil.

6. dkates

dkates New Member

Basically, the only things Ditto doesn't copy are how much damage has been taken, any Special Conditions or attack effects the other Pokemon has on it, the ability to evolve, and anything that happens specifically because of the presence of another card. What Ditto does copy is HP, Weakness, Resistance, Retreat Cost, attacks, Pokemon Powers, and rules for whatever card he copies, i.e the Baby and ex rules.

7. DOMCGI

DOMCGI New Member

Another way to say, Ditto become exactly the same "CARD" as the opponent active, except:
    1. It is always a basic Pokemon
    2. It always has Pokemon power "Transform"
    3. It can't evolve
    4. It do not copy damage, special condition, and effects (e.g. effect from Sword Dance and Smokescreen)

8. dkates

dkates New Member

Well said. The final aspect of Ditto is that each "ball" of Energy attached to Ditto can become any one Energy type, (Dark, Fire, Fighting, Grass, Lightning, Psychic, Steel, Water) although obviously changing Energy to Dark or Steel doesn't add the extra effects. I don't know whether Energy attached to Ditto can be treated as Colorless or not. However, any special effects from the original Energy card remain. This is why Double Colorless works so well with Ditto -- it becomes kinda like a double Rainbow Energy without the penalties, and only one type per "ball" at a time. This was actually one of the points of confusion on some rulings, for example the interaction of Ditto, Double Colorless Energy, and Ecogym.