Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fossil Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaidlesspez

I looked in the compendium and couldn't find the answer for this. When starting the game, if I have a fossil and a regular basic pokemon in my hand, the compendium says you can start with the fossil and also have the basic on the bench.

"Q. At the beginning of the game, can I start with a Mysterious/Claw/Root Fossil as my Active Pokémon even if I have another "real" Pokémon on the bench?
A. Yes, you can start with a Fossil Trainer card as your Active Pokémon, at the start of the game. (Oct 2, 2003 PUI Rules Team)"

Can you go the other way around too? Start with a regular basic and have the fossil on the bench? I'm just wondering cause now with the new rules that you can't play trainers when you go first, this could be a bigger deal.

Also to clarify with the above ruling, you can have regular Pokemon on the bench along with the active fossil, correct? It doesn't specifically state that in the answer.

You can play Fossil trainers during setup, just not on the first turn of the game. Either bench or active is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back