Fossilized

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Scipio, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scipio

Scipio New Member

15 Pokémon:
    4 :fighting: Kabutops GE
    4 :fighting: Kabuto PK
    2 :water: Omastar GE
    2 :water: Omanyte GE
    2 :colorless Aerodactyl GE
    1 :fire: Aerodactyl HP

30 Trainers:
    4 Dome Fossil (GE)
    4 Holon Fossil
    4 Fossil Excavator
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Suzy's Lottery (GE)
    3 Castaway
    3 Strength Charm
    2 Buffer Piece
    1 Crystal Shard
    3 Windstorm

15 Energy:
    3 Double Rainbow Energy
    2 Scramble Energy
    10 Fight Energy

Strategy:

Start with Dome Fossil. Give it Fight Energy to make it a Kabuto. Use Kabuto's Fast Evolution to get Kabutops out by T2 for 100% certainity, and thus lock off your opponents trainers. Hope you can use his attack (70 damage for 3, +10 on everything of your opponent that has damage) by T2 with DRE. If not, attempt to charge a benched Kabutops. Omanyte can get Dome Fossils from the discard back with his power. Omastar for de-evolution. Aerodactyl for power-punishment. HP Aerodactyl for added energy speed. I did not include their fossils because I don't want to start with them, so I have to make full use of Holon Fossil.

MATCHUPS:

VS T2 Kricketune
    The problem for me is the weakness. The advantage is the fact that they can't play their Ball engine.A toss-up really, gotta have a second fossil soon or I'm toast. Yet, Kabutops can survive a Kricketune blow. Kricketune can't survive Charm'd Kabutops strike, which just might spell its doom with retrieving its stuff being very hard. 65-35

VS Blissey/Blissvire/Blisscatty
    Shouldn't be a problem. If I start, I get Kabutops before they can do much, thus preventing their trainer use, thus preventing multiple Blisseys being built up. Weakness seals the deal. 75-25

VS Gallade/Gardevoir
    The trick is getting to rule the field early. Be wary of Gardevoir LVX, and I should be fine. No use of Pokepowers (Should Gardevoir do the hitting) hurts surprise Omastar KO's, but its manageable. Can go either way, but I do have a speed advantage. 55-45

VS Megagatr
    Tricky deck. Omastar can't be used as easily due to Meganium not minding downgrading. Feraligatr can drag off my bench, so I should focus on pummeling it with Kabutops. Yet again, I do have a speed advantage, although they're likely to outspeed me from mid-game. 50-50ish

VS Kingdra Swarm
    Omastar has a key role here. Deal lotsa damage with Kabutops first (Getting 70 on a Kingdra is vital), then go for the Omastar Kill. Hard but beatable. 60-40

VS Inferncatty
    Yeah, that deck ain't around anymore. Moving on...

VS Mario
    Mario can't donk this and as such fails. 90-10 (Mario Is No Deck)

VS Empoleon
    Tricky. Gotta watch out what I bench. Otherwise a fine matchup. 50-50

Thats all I can think of now.

2. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

We don't know yet if Kabutops PK can evolve from Dome Fossil.

3. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

Your matchups are terrible. IMO you'll lose to Tune, all Bliss variants(Holon FF stops weakness. DUH) Other than that make sure you actually test these matchups because it is apparent you didn't.

4. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Ive thought about this before.

Remember you don't have any basics in your deck and dome fossil doesn't evolve into kabuto PK. It evolves into kabuto GE and you only have holon fossil to get out the aerodactles and omynstar

5. Scipio

Scipio New Member

Hmm, forgot that little stitch. For now, I'll assume it can. If not, well, the GE Kabuto isn't bad at all so its still possible.
    hectagonman - The way I see it, Kricketune fails indefinitely. It can't OHKO Kabutops and it can't use its trainer line. Blissey only has so many Holon FF and like Kricketune, it can't use its beloved recycling stuff.

6. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

^ lol same here. I also forgot about it, untill I remembered it says "evolves from MT fossil" one night while looking at the card.

7. Scipio

Scipio New Member

Eh, for the time being, I'll keep it like this. The GE Kabuto isn't bad either (Its power allows you to flip a coin each turn, if heads, you can get Old Amber, Helix or Dome fossil on your bench), but cuts down on T2 possibilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.