fossil's first turn?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by ImL33t@h4X, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ImL33t@h4X

ImL33t@h4X New Member

can u do that? I mean can u play fossils as basics before the game starts, you know, as like the first thing u do when u play those basics face down? Some nooby guy was making a big deal about it at regionals so i dont know who won the argument but seriously, can you do it?

2. Sandslash7

Sandslash7 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

If you have a hand of all trainers and 1 Fossil, you must play it as your opening basic. Thus, you may play Fossils during setup.

The Compendium has this as a ruling, you can look it up.

3. ImL33t@h4X

ImL33t@h4X New Member

what if the hand you had was 1 fossil and all energies, would that mean u had to restart?

4. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

No....a fossil in opening hand = pokemon. If it is the only poke in opening hand, you MUST play it. I caught a JR player trying to show a mulligan w/ a fossil in hand. Thankfully, I didnt let him pick up the deck and shuffle.

Keith

5. ImL33t@h4X

ImL33t@h4X New Member

Ok thank you master keith for your ever-knowing knowledge of this never-dying tcg.

6. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Don't forget that if you go first, on that turn after the setup, it counts as a trainer and so cannot be played. Make sure you put it face down at the start, as you can't play it on the first turn of the game.