fossils

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by ThePokeDex, Dec 27, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. ThePokeDex

ThePokeDex New Member

can the old kabuto evolve form dome fossil and mystery fossil if so also can the new kabuto evolve from mystery?

plz post back soon

:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

We can't answer questions about cards that havn't been released yet.

3. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

IIRC though, Japan has ruled that Kabuto (Pre-GE) can only evolve from Mysterious Fossil, and Kabuto (GE) can only evolve from Dome Fossil. No switching.

Now where it gets weird... Is that Kabutops (any) can be Rare Candied from either Mysterious Fossil OR Dome Fossil, 'cause Kabutops (GE) can be played on any Kabuto, and Kabutops (pre-GE) can be played on the Kabuto (GE) as well. Aaah, the confusion...

EDIT: And of course, Holon Fossil can grab EITHER Kabuto. Of course. So can Fossil Excavator (though... I don't recall if Fossil Excavator can actually get Old Amber, 'cause it doesn't say fossil, persay...)

4. ThePokeDex

ThePokeDex New Member

ty man now i can think more about about my deck for next set:biggrin:

5. gallade

gallade New Member

i was just about to say that, well and i have never seen it

6. yelanates

yelanates New Member

Well, the answer is obviously NO, even without seeing the english version. The reason is that older Kabuto specifically state that they EVOLVE FROM MYSTERIOUS FOSSIL, while newer ones say they evolve from DOME FOSSIL. Cards can only evolve from cards they say they can evolve from, similar to Dark Pokemon.

7. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

^ But a Kabuto is a Kabuto, and SHOULD be able to evolve from both.

8. yelanates

yelanates New Member

No, it shouldn't. Just like a Brock's Sandshrew cannot evolve into a regular sandshrew. The BASIC RULES OF THE GAME STATE that to evolve, you place the evolution cards onto the card it says it evolves from. This is regardless of mechanics in the video games.

9. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

they should change it then cause i think thats ridiculous.

10. Tagrineth

Tagrineth New Member

They don't "Evolve" from the fossils in the games either, so technically we shouldn't even need the whole Fossil mechanic.

The CCG is not the handheld game.

11. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Ah, but what you are refearing to deals with diffrient names. Kabuto pk and Kabuto ge are BOTH called "Kabuto". Kabutops pk and Kabutops ge BOTH evolve from Kabuto if its evolved form MF of DF. Now tell me where the logic is on that one??

The thing is THERE ISN'T ANY LOGIC IN IT having the evolution line looking like this.

DF - Kabuto ge - Kabutops pk or ge

MF - Kabuto pk - Kabutops pk or ge

They are BOTH Kabuto, and BOTH Kabutops can evolve from either Kabuto, so either Kabuto should be able to evolve from either Fossil.

I personly think that they should just get rid of MF and say that all the older fossil evolutions evolve from the new fossils.

12. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

I also think the entire Fossil card concept needs to be dropped, that's about the #1 reason Fossil Pokemon are generally unplayable. If it weren't for the need to evolve from a dumb Trainer card, Fossil Pokemon then become viable.

13. Tagrineth

Tagrineth New Member

I see a lot of whining, moaning, and crying on here. Get over it. It's a card game.

Evolution works based on what the higher evos say, not based on what the lower evos say.

As has already been stated, older Kabutos all say "Evolves from Mysterious Fossil". Is Dome Fossil a "Mysterious Fossil"? No. There's a reason they made this change, Mysterious Fossil is basically crap anyway.

I'm in the camp of "ditch Fossils altogether" but I doubt that will ever happen.

14. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

They should just allow Mysterious Fossil and Dome Fossil to work for any Kabuto.

You can't argue about basic rules of the game, because something like this has never happened in the history of Pokemon.

15. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

^Agreed.

In fact they should just say the all Kabuto now evolve from Dome Fossil and be done with it.