Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fun Unlimited deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

samurai_soldier

I'd like your guy's opinions on this deck I built (I took an older idea and updated it)

Pokemon: 17
3 Aerodactyl (Fossil)
3 Elekid (Neo-Genesis)
2 Dark Vilplume (Team Rockets)
2 Ninjask (EX Deoxys)
2 Nincada (EX Deoxys)
2 Oddish (Any)
1 Holons Castform
1 Holons Magneton

Trainer: 32
4 Bill
4 Professor Oak
4 Erika
4 Item Finder
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Trader
3 Computer Search
2 Strange Cave
1 Cessation Crystal
1 Copycat

Energy: 12
4 Cyclone Energy
4 Warp Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

The basic strategy is to set-up Aerodactyl first, then Evolve into Ninjask (Ninjask being your active pokemon), then Evolve into Dark Vileplume, this can be done first turn through the use of all the draw tools in your deck, and can be done consistently. When the combo is completed, your opponent can't play Trainers, can't attack with Basic pokemon, and can't evolve. Its a neat lock once it gets set and ready to go.

Any thoughts?

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I really like the concept of this deck. The one weakness here is that your bench is still vulnerable, and once your opponent snipes out your Aerodactyl or Vileplume, all heck breaks loose. I would advocate replacing the Elekids with a line of Dugtrio CG, which will protect everyone on the bench from damage. You might also consider Unown G GE, to prevent effects. You can attach them to your benched Pokemon to keep them from receiving damage counters on the bench, and from becoming active as the effect of an attack. If you can get all of this set up, then your opponent should be entirely locked down.

Replace this guy with Mewtwo lv. x, take 2 special out, and add some energy flow, to replay old energy again.

Igglybuff ND thanks you for locking yourself.

Instead of Shedinja, Aggron EX is the way to go here... Locks out Iggly and all other basic pokémons - both powers and attacks. It's the ultimate lockdown - after that your opponent can basically draw a card, attach energy and pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back