Funniest gaming moments

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Dek, Feb 1, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Dek

Dek New Member

Well, Im sure we had our funny gaming moments, so why not start a topic about it? Here is where you state any of your funniest gaming moments. Just keep them clean and please lets not start any arguments...

My funniest moment happened just recently. I was playing the Speeder Bike Pursuit mission in Rebel Strike. I was on my last life, so i hit the accelerator, whack into a tree, and, obviously, I explode into millions of pieces (hey, who doesnt?). However, on my last life, i saw my the front of my speeder bike stuck on the tree. So i started thinking "So Luke exploded instead of everything?" :lol:

2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

One of my faves... Driver for PS1....

It was on the final mission, after all the cheats were out. I had never beaten the game, since no matter what level you start with, the last level is Hard, Harder, Hardest... seriously... anyways... I used the invincible cheat to try and survive, but it didnt go as planned.... there were still ways to lose, landing upside dowm, or landing on buildings (in hard mode other cars hit you so hard you can scale buildings... and that isnt even the funny part....)

Anyways, long story semi short.... I finally beat it... on the biggest fluke of my life. Half way or so through the level, I was hit in the air, and landed on upside down.... "Oh crap, now I gotta start over, AGAIN...." POW!!!! I was hit again, sent flying way into the forward 10+ feet up into the air. When I landed, I was on my side and still moving forward... my car slowly started to teeter back to its feet, now 2 wheels where on ground (passenger side) and then slammed down the other 2... My thumb was already on Accelerater so I shot off like a bandit.... I made it all the way to the end, TG, finally beating it. Yeah I cheated, but it was worth it.... I have the replay saved to prove it and everything....

Other funny moments.. "Dog Ending" Silent Hill 2. Best ending since Super Mario Bros 3.

On a slightly darker note, I dont recall the name of the game, Bloo Something. It is a Vampire game, with a chick, set in WW2 time I belive, released for all 3 systems.... on one level you get to a long hallway. At the other end are 2 soldiers with huge Gatline guns, and you cant go down it. As you approch hall way, it goes to vid. She looks down hallway, sees this and for the first time ever I heard the "F" word in a vid game... I couldnt believe my ears.... though if ti was real life, I woulda done the same....

3. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

Well there's always the glitch from the origional Pokémon Stadium that I love.

Teach your Electrode Substitute and Explosion. On Stadium, use Substitute then Explosion. The next Pokémon you send out will be invisible. I love it. I learned this the hard way against one of my friends. She used this combo then sent out a Mewtwo named Magikarp... I thought she was insane until that same invisible Magikarp blasted me away with Psychic!

Gotta love it!

4. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

I was playing Zelda MM, I'm at woodfall. I pull out my ocarina and when I did links leg was on the flower next to him. So when it goes close up it looks like links playing the ocarina on one leg.

5. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

Between my brother and myself, it's a running joke that Soul Calibur's Lizardman is a magnet for particularly painful-looking damage. Especially, for some reason, when paired off against Astaroth. Every time that happens, Lizardman gets bruised in at least one completely new and excruciating way.

There's always Super Smash Bros Melee. On Kirby's stage, stay in under the platforms and Kirby'll often keep trying to rock-smash you from above. When the tree starts blowing that way, he'll blow the immobilised Kirby off the ledge and down through the bricks for an instant and hilariously helpless kill.

Also on Smash Brothers, the Ice Climbers Popo and Nana can be great for a laugh; since Nana moves just slightly later than Popo, she often takes the hit that Popo dodged. This backfired on me the other night. Timing it so that I'd Smash them through the roof just as they leaped up through the ledge I was on, I got it perfect and shot Popo away into the back of the screen. As I was standing there watching him, though, Nana came up after him and viciously whacked me out the side, killing me before Popo disappeared and claiming the round victory.

6. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

Heres a smash Bros one. My brothers where playing, one was Kirby the other Ganondorf. So Kirby does a rock attack on Ganondorf, they pause it just right so it looks like Ganondorf has a rock for a head.

7. Joshman

Joshman New Member

I hope this can go on to include non-video game moments. My greatest was playing scrabble and getting triple word score on ***. I am fairly certain it was the highest scoring *** of all time. Hee Haw!

If you want a video game moment, GoldenEye provides some great ones. Like how we always trap ourselves with motion sensor mines, or write obscenities on the wall in paintball mode.

8. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

in mario kart: double dash!!, on peach beach, my cousin threw a shell at me, which tossed me into a cataquack. I went up, and didn't come back down.