Funny difference between Archie and Maxie

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by davechri, Mar 14, 2004.

1. davechri

davechri New Member

Archie has the phrase "Shuffle your deck afterward" but Maxie omits that phrase.

I can't believe that anyone would think that you would NOT need to shuffle after using Maxie, but it's odd that Nintendo omitted that phrase on Maxie.

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Does Maxie let you search you deck?

3. davechri

davechri New Member

Doh! Nope, just discard pile and hand. (maybe it should say shuffle your discard pile).

I'm a dope!

4. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Gutsy davechri, leaving your post up and not telling the admins to delete it. :) :)

yah, I've always enjoyed shuffling my discard pile after recycling cards from it. Randomly ordered discard piles definately improve your odds of winning. :) :)

5. DaytonGymLeader

DaytonGymLeader New Member

Has anyone considered that Maxie may be a typo? You can search your hand anytime you want, it's your hand.

6. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

What's the Japanese spoiler?

7. davechri

davechri New Member

Steve, the alternative is shuffling my hand - and that would just confuse me.

DaytonGymLeader, I laughed when I saw that I could search my hand - "Hey, thanks Nintendo! I can look at my own cards!"

8. TrEkIeV

TrEkIeV New Member

* MAXIE (TRAINER - Supporter)
    Choose one Basic Pokemon or Evolution card with Magma in its name form your hand
    or discard pile and put it on your Bench as if it were a Basic Pokemon. If you
    chose a Stage 2 Evolution Pokemon in this way, put 2 damage counters on it.
    74/80 Rare [Ken Sugimori]

* ARCHIE (TRAINER - Supporter)
    Choose one Basic Pokemon or Evolution card with Aqua in its name form your hand
    or discard pile and put it on your Bench as if it were a Basic Pokemon. If you
    chose a Stage 2 Evolution Pokemon in this way, put 2 damage counters on it.
    75/80 Rare [Ken Sugimori]