Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

G8rsect aka Return of the Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullados

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?
My personal favorite deck!!! Neon format, with promos 21 and on, not that it really matters...

Pokemon (18):
3 Totodile (2 NG, 1 E1 Surf)
3 Croconaw (2 E1, 1 NG)
3 Feraligatr (2 Riptide, 1 Tsunami)
3 Cleffa
2 Paras (E2)
2 Parasect (N3)
2 Suicune (NR, Legendary)

Trainers (23):
4 Juggler
4 Elm
3 Copycat
3 Trader
3 DG
4 Gold Berry
1 Undersea Ruins
1 TV

Energy (19):
19 Water

If you don't get the strategy here, you haven't been playing Pokemon TCG the past 2 years. Get as many Water into the discard as fast as you possibly can, with a Genesis G8r and Parasect on the bench, and just Sweep the opponent away. Suicune is Double Gust protection, and the E1 G8r is for Grass protection, as Suicune just don't cut it. You might be wondering about my choice in Croconaw. The fact is that I like the mobility of the E1 one over the raw power of the NG one. Read the RCs and you'll see why. All the trainers are fairly standard, with my only real problem being that I have no Switch. I'm hoping that DG will be good enough. Good luck tryin to fix this thing!!!

Very nice deck, just watch out for Buzz and whatnot.

If you need switches then just take 2 W energies out for 2.

Okay.... I'll try and fix it... :rolleyes:

Pokemon (18):
3 Totodile (2 NG, 1 E1 Surf)
3 Croconaw (2 E1, 1 NG)
3 Cleffa
2 Paras (E2)
2 Parasect (N3)
2 Suicune (NR, Legendary)

Trainers (23):
4 Juggler
4 Elm
3 Copycat
3 Trader
3 DG
4 Gold Berry
1 Undersea Ruins
1 TV

Energy (19):
19 Water

It's pretty solid for the most part... but you do need switch and a few minor adjustments I think.

I would take out the following

- 1 Gold Berry
- 1 Undersea Ruins
- 1 Pokemon Trader
- 1 Water Energy
- 1 Cleffa (You've got plenty of draw power... you want Gatr out FAST... more time than not you're gonna wanna play a water on Totodile first turn than eek.)

Giving you five spots..

I'd add in

+ 1 Switch
+ 1 Totodile (your choice)
+ 1 Croconaw (again your choice)
+ 1 Feraligatr (riptide since you're going for it as your main attacker)
+ 1 Scoop up (save Suicune if there's a Pichu or two giving you trouble, or if you're running low on deck... Scoop up the parasect and riptide... giving you plenty of deck left... it'll have it's other uses at times.)

All and all.... I think it's good... Your way, or my way. :)

The NRGs are kinda the point of the deck. Without them, there is no power here.

Also, there is nothing to fear from Ebuzz, or any other L Poke for that matter. NG G8r is weak to Grass, NG Croc is weak to Grass, NG Toto is weak to Grass.

Actually, I don't usually have any problems gettin out NG G8r when I need it, and my basics are fairly well balanced: I rarely start with a Paras only.

Cleffa doesn't slow the deck down: quite the opposite, actually. I can take the 1 turn hit that Eeeeeeek gives me, especially since I got all this defense goin for me.

Undersea Ruins was a suggestion given to me by PokePop. The strategy there is to devolve when one G8r isn't cutting it (like NG against Grass) and revolve next turn with the other one.

By taking out Trader, you slow the deck down, because Trader is my only searching card, and it is needed both for deck thinning, as well as true searching.

Scoop Up, actually, doesn't help this thing out that much. I've tried it: it doesn't work like it does in theory. Basically, nobody in the Chi area plays Picha any more, because they all play decks with heavy Pokemon Powers in them (SMF, G8r, EnCargo, etc), so Scoop Up becomes virtually useless.

good deck in it self but the undersea ruins isnt needed IMO it will just waste your gatrs.use healing field in that spot. i know watr is everything in this deck but its a little better to drop 2 water for a metal and a retro.heres a list that might help.

Pokemon (18):
3 Totodile (genesis swipes version)
3 Croconaw (genesis)
1 Cleffa
2 Paras (E2)
2 Parasect (N3)
3 Suicune (NR, Legendary)
1 elekid(genesis)

Trainers (23):
4 Juggler
4 Elm
3 Copycat
2 Trader
4 DG
4 Gold Berry
1 Healing field
1 TV

Energy (19):
17 Water
1 metal
1 retro

Metal Energy won't help this deck, thanks to Nintendo's reprint. Retro Energy *might* be a good idea, but since Gatrsect is centered around a high Water Energy count, it just doesn't seem worth it.

I'd suggest you to take one juggler and 1 gold berry for 2 fisherman from SK, think of it, one gatr is koed, and you had those 11 water in the discard, you've got 14 now, and finding the other 5 may be difficult at times, so fisherman helps you retrieve the energy, in a better way than TV. If you don't want to take out the juggler, take out one water energy. I've played a GatrSect with only 16 energys, and it worked fairly well, my only loss was againsta typhlo magcargo deck, where I did not see 1 Totodile the whole game... other than that, the deck seems fine.

TM999:
Retro is crap, no matter how many ways you want to slice it. Also, Metal, due to Nintendo's new rulings, is also crap unless on a Metal Pokemon. 3 Suicune, IMO, is overkill, and 1 Cleffa isn't enough. Elekid, unless you don't have ANY energies in a deck, is also worthless. HF is not as powerful as GB, IMO, and it serves no purpose in this deck. Again, Undersea Ruins is AT WORST a gymbreaker, and turns into the most important card in this deck if I go up against a Grass deck. I stated my reasons for the E1 Croc and Totodile in my original post. 4 DG is not needed, while 3 Trader are.

Mudkip: I usually have more than enough draw power for the late game that Fisherman becomes useless. Also, considering that i only play 2 G8r, TV has to be my recovery card of choice. Also, I will usually not have 11 discarded Waters, more like 7-8, depending on the deck that I face, so it's easier to get those waters back.

gatrsect wont be legal anyways so nintendo rulings will have nothing to do with it and the metal and retro help you alot in the MF2 format.its won me games but if you dont use it thats your choice.but how is retro useless?? by removing 20 damage and switchng to a different gatr?its way to useful IMO. you can trigger berries,switch to the exp gatr or the other neo1 gatr.it has many more advantages to it than undersea ruins.why do you need a gymbreaker to counter what? healing fields, broken ground gym, or lucky stadium?? not many play those in a deck due to lack of space.

retro energy discards the evolution,so,i think that's useful if your deck has 5 or less cards,in this case,devolve parasect to return energy cards of your discard pile into your deck

I just plain don't like that card. Also, until Nintendo announces a format, Pokedok said that we'll be playing Neon format under Nintendo's modified rules, so Metal becomes worthless in the deck. There are a number of players in my area that like to play the Dark Pokemon, with TR Hideout, that's the gymbreaker. Also, I don't like having Healing or BGG in play, because, most of the time, they help my opponent out more than they do me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back