Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gallade / Flygon EX Deck (needs a lot of work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic_Entry

I haven't been playing the Pokemon TCG for that long, so until now I've been mostly using a slightly modified starter deck. However, my friend recently helped me put together a decent deck from what I had available in my collection, but I could still use some help/suggestions with it. Keep in mind that I had a limited number of cards available, so I'm not running the ideal numbers of cards. I apologize if this isn't properly formatted.

Pokemon: 17

3 Gallade SW
2 Kirlia SW
3 Ralts SW

1 Flygon ex d
2 Flygon SW
3 Vibrava SW
2 Trapinch SW
1 Trapinch d DF2

Trainers: 22

3 PlusPower
2 Professor Rowan
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Professor Oak's Visit
1 Celio's Network
1 Pokedex
3 Night Maintenance
4 Bebe's Search

Energy: 21

11 Psychic Energy
10 Fighting Energy

--

I know it needs a lot of work (particularly the trainers), mainly because I haven't bought much of anything but SW booster packs. This deck is mainly a Blissey counter. The basic strategy is to use Gallade's Sonic Blade multiple times to both force Blissey out before it's ready to attack and spread damage across the bench to easily kill pokemon with the 60+ attack. Obviously Gallade can also flip over 2 prize cards to KO Blissey in one hit. Flygon's forms are there mainly to support Gallade by attacking Blissey when he refuses to leave the bench and spreading general damage. I was also thinking of leaving a few Kirlia unevolved to attack blissey in this way until I need the big damage.

The main problems I had against my friend's Blissey/Raichu deck were:
-Not being able to set up fast enough (obviously because my trainers suck)
-Not having any basic pokemon in my hand (again, because of trainers). I was thinking of putting Stantlers in as a starter since Ralts sucks (and to draw cards).
-Blissey often stayed on the bench, making it hard to attack. I'd often end up being afraid to bring Gallade out to kill the active one because it would basically sacrifice him to Blissey for the next turn.
-After killing one Blissey, there would be more waiting, making it difficult to recover.

Again, I'm not really married to anything in this deck, aside from using Gallade. My main questions are what trainers should I look for, and if Flygon can work effectively with Gallade. Any improvements to my strategy are welcome as well.

Last edited:
I know what PC just said is a little confusing, but let me help. You should change all of your basics to delta pokemon(there is both a delta ralts and trapinch in dragon frontiers), then add 4 holon's castform so that you can delta draw for up to 5 cards per turn. And if you don't need casty on the field right now, you can just a ttach him as an enerby that counts as 2 energies of any kind. So try something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back