Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Garchomp Deck States in less than 2 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunAndersen

4-2-4 Garchomp
4 Smeargle
=14

3 Fighting Energy
3 Physic Energy
2 Lightning Energy
2 Water Energy
1 Grass Energy
1 Fire Energy
1 Metal Energy (Basic)
1 Dark Energy (Basic)
2 Boost Energy
=16

4 Rare Candy (1 Rare Candy is from GE!)
4 Prof. Oak's Visit
4 Plus Power
4 Mr.Stones
3 Night Maintenance
3 TV Reporter
3 Rosanne's Research
2 TGW
2 Celio's Network
1 Bebe's Search
=30

Strategy-
*Use Garchomp's PokeBody to do tons of damage. Use Smeargle to get put needed energy. Plus Power puts on more damage. Garchomp does tons of damage which helps in tournaments.

Plans for this deck-
1. Switch 1 Bebe with 1 Celio.

Last edited:
I saw this list before and it got me thinking...

I came up with a different list that went EXTREMELY well in testing against G&G and Mag, and I almost considered it for my States deck, but it's Blissey matchup (and yes, I'm expecting Blissey to be fairly popular at my States) is 30-70 at best. So since I'm not using it, I'll show you how I built it.

4-2-4 Garchomp
4 Solrock
2 Lunatone
2-2 Claydol

4 Celio's
2 Great Ball
2 Night Maintenance
3 Pluspower
4 Rare Candy
2 Roseanne's
2 Steven's
3 TV Reporter
2 Windstorm

8 Fighting
1 Lightning
4 Psychic
3 Water

The idea here is that Solrock and Lunatone are both great in this format because they 2hit the most popular starters, and Solrock helps charge up your Garchomps in the process.

I just built it around the philosophy that you play the energy that most Pokemon are weak to, which in today's metagame are fighting, psychic, water, and lightning. For the most part there aren't a lot of popular Pokemon that are weak to grass, metal, darkness or fire. Having more copies of what you'll need means you'll draw it more, hence why there's only one lightning energy. And if it bugs you that much, try the deck out with any energy configuration you want with my list and see how different it is.

do you have any pachirisu GE? It is a good starter and its second attack is great against cessation.

Spinda is a great pokemon in Garchomp decks. I know, easy prize, but it's amazing how often you need to stall for just 1 more turn to get a Garchomp powered or when you need to deal damage and don't have a Garchomp built. Sometimes you can really surprise your opponent by having Spinda pull off the 40 damage turn 2 (T1 for you, going second) and it's awesome to T1 someone's basic with strength charm's and plus powers.

I love Spinda, and I would recommend it, even if just a small tech, for this deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back