3 Garchomp
1 Garchomp Lv X
3 Eevee
2 Leafeon
2 Leafeon Lv X
1 Umbreon
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
1 Salamence EX d / Salamence EX PK (include Fire Energy if you do)
1 Flygon EX d / Gardevoir SW / Gallade

Trainers: 22
4 Felicity's Drawing
3 Celio's Network
3 Crystal Beach
3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Premier Ball
2 Roseanne's Research
2 Plus Power
1 Night Maintenance

Energy: 14
6 Psychic
5 Water
3 Grass

SPOILERS FOR MD CARDS

Eevee LV.14 – Colorless – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Call For Family: Search your deck for as many Eevee as you like and put them on your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[C] Lunge: 20 damage. Flip a coin, if tails this attack does nothing.

Weakness: Fighting (+10)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Leafeon LV.42 – Grass – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

[G] Tie Up: 30 damage. The Defending Pokemon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.
[G][C][C] Leaf Guard: 60 damage. Any damage done to Leafeon by attacks during your opponent’s next turn is reduced by 20.

Weakness: Fire (+20)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 2

Leafeon LV.X – Grass – HP110
Level Up

Poke-power: Energy Growth
This Power can be used once during your turn. Choose 1 Energy card from your hand and attach it to 1 of your Pokemon. This Power can’t be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[G][C] Fresh Leaf Dance: Does 30 damage + an additional 10 damage for each Energy you have in play.

Weakness: Fire (+30)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 2

Umbreon LV.43 – Darkness – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

Poke-body: Moonlight Veil
Each of your Pokemon in play that’s evolved from Eevee has free retreat and no Weakness.

[D][C][C] Confuse Ray: 50 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: Fighting (+20)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

Strategy:

Quite simple really. The idea is to get out Leafeon Lv X quickly and use him to power up your Garchomps. Being able to power one within 2 turns as opposed to 3 makes all the difference in the world, as speed is key to surviving these days. The random EX techs are specifically meant to be discarded via TV Reporter, allowing Garchomp Lv X to revive one or both for some late-game rampage. Salamence EX is a Water type initally, making him the idea Pokemon to bring out against Magmotar; he also has the ability to transform into a Fire type temporarily if need be, and has some damaging sniping abilities as well. Flygon EX d, Gardevoir, and Gallade are great choices to revive as well, as each can make use of your discarded Psychic Energy when revived.

The energies in the deck reflect the current popular decks to tech against today: 8 Psychic helps against the dominant G&G, while 5 Water help to combat Magmotar. The 3 Grass provide Leafeon Lv X a way to attack in the event he absolutely needs to (therefore, not making him a total bench hog).

Overall, I know this deck needs some help, particularly with the Pokemon lineup (no starter hurts atm) and I know the Trainer line can always be improved. So yeah, any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
what is the arithmatic matchup?

I'll be honest, I've yet to try it since the deck is so new. If anything to get an idea, Garchomp OHKOs Claydol and Banette with Plus Power (unecessary if they start using Ghost Head anyways, and lol at your chances to target Claydol anyways unless they sacrifice), Cressy Lv X is OHKOed if you have Psychic Energy, Gyarados...well, that'll probably be the problem, in which case I could just tech in Lightning Energy later on to combat it better I guess. But yeah, Arithmatic is new, so no testing done on it yet.

You are going to need more than 2 eevees if you plan on getting out "Leafeon Lv X quickly and use him to power up your Garchomps."
-1 premier ball
-1 maintenance
+ 2 eevee
Also, you definitely need rare candies. At least 3 of them. Take out 1 gabite and find a way to have 3 candies.

i would definitely run felicity's instead of tvr to load the discard pile

Seconded.

The only benefit of running TVR is you can draw THEN discard. With Claydol, when are you going to have that empty hand that prevents you from playing Felicity's Drawing?

-4 TVR
+4 Felicity's Drawing

I'm interested to hear how this deck would work with Leafeon LVX. A similar deck idea has been tossed around without it. As far as the beasties to be powered up by Garchomp LVX, I would stick with 2 Flygon EX. Salamence EX would be a good tech if the ol' land-shark becomes archetype. [pretends not to notice Sceptile d EX]

Seconded.

The only benefit of running TVR is you can draw THEN discard. With Claydol, when are you going to have that empty hand that prevents you from playing Felicity's Drawing?

When GG plays Wager and you get Plox'd for 2-3 turns in a row.

I honestly don't think that Flygon ex d (or any big HP ex's) are that great as techs in here for Rebirth. Gallade Sonic Blades them for 100 and then Gardy X comes up and Brings it Down for 2 prizes. I'd actually prefer Gallade and Gardy as techs...

And props for finding some useful accel for the deck. If you are going for Leafeon, though, I would suggest finding room for 4 Eevee like mentioned above and at least 1 Umbreon so that leveling up your Leaf won't leave it active.

You need an Umbreon in here. Trust me, Leveling up to Leafeon X and then having to discard 2 energy to retreat is neither fun nor efficient.

Lol, completely forgot all about Felicity's Drawing, I'll definately switch that out. And I can't believe I forgot my Rare Candies...must have deleted them by accident.

Regarding the Eevees, I guess I could stand to include more. Instead of 4 though, I think I'll make it 3 Eevees and I'll add an Umbreon as well, like Black Mamba suggested.

Gardy might be worth considering as a tech (not so much Gallade though), shame you can't revive Lv Xs with Rebirth though...but I largely chose Salamence because he can make use of the Water in the discard, and Flygon/Sceptile EX d for Psychic.

Why NOT Gallade? Psychic and 2 colorless (makes use of ANY energy in the discard) for Psychic Cut, which is the best OHKO attack in the game.

swampert ge would be a really interesting tech because (A) he has a very useful power (pulling basic energy to the active, which could be great with garchomp's free retreat) and (B) he has a nice attack but is tough to charge up and his evolutions are fairly useless.

I think you are looking at the wrong Salamence Ex. Sally Ex (PK) not only OHKOs everything (well, everything except Wailord and Torterra X), but it's attack also fuels up your discard, which is a good thing here. Kabutops (MD) should definitely be considered as well as Blastoise d to be pull up onto your bench with Garchomp X. While it might not be quite as efficient, Lunatone and Solrock could be used in place of the Eeveelutions to help power up your deck and discard big nasties for Garchomp X to bring back.

Ok, I officially retract my statements about Gallade; I forgot his 2nd attack used Psychic, not Fighting :redface:

Regarding Salamence EX PK, its one attack requires Fire Energy to use, so unless I specifically include them (and come on, who uses Grass Pokemon for it to work on?), he'd only be able to use Hydro Wave. Besides, discarding the top 5 cards of your deck is a bit pricy for discard, especially if you have to play him late game. Granted, if I made this deck so that it focused solely on Garchomp Lv X's Rebirth attack, then it'd be great to have the additional discard as well as Lunasol.

But you know, really the tech slots are up to whatever cards you want to put in, along with the appropriate energy for them. And let's face it, realistically, Garchomp Lv X might only get off one Rebirth, maybe two if you're lucky before he is KOed; reviving another Garchomp is still a legitimate option, as well as whatever techs you have.

I Like The Deck.
Its Simply Garchomp without the Togekiss and an EX Tech and Leafeon instead.
But, maybe play 2 of every basic energy and take out 1 FD?

I like the idea but the main point of Garchomp is to be using Rebirth and then attacking with those Pokemon that you bring back. That makes Leafeons only true purpose as being an energy attacher for itself or for Garchomps, unless you want to make him your main attacker, which would mean more grass energy in the deck. Maybe concentrate more on a starter so that you can efficiently bring out the Garchomp so you can bring in your big hitters?

I like the idea but the main point of Garchomp is to be using Rebirth and then attacking with those Pokemon that you bring back. That makes Leafeons only true purpose as being an energy attacher for itself or for Garchomps, unless you want to make him your main attacker, which would mean more grass energy in the deck. Maybe concentrate more on a starter so that you can efficiently bring out the Garchomp so you can bring in your big hitters?

I dunno, I guess it's how you view the overall strategy. To me, Garchomp should be the main focus, as it really is a great Pokemon (potential 110 for 3 Energy and no other effects is nothing to laugh at), and I've always seen Garchomp more sort of a last minute tech to bring out; for example, level up a weakened active Garchomp to use Rebirth for its final attack to revive one of the big techs or another Garchomp to continue the attacking in subsequent turns.

On the other hand, focusing on Garchomp Lv X solely for its reviving powers to bring out big Pokemon is another legitimate use. Perhaps I'll post a secondary deck focusing on this later when I have time that focuses on this aspect instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back