Garchomp my DEFINITE Nationals Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by gardevoirlvx, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gardevoirlvx

gardevoirlvx New Member

pokemon 22
    3Gible MT
    2Gabite MT
    2Garchomp MT
    2Garchomp LVX
    1Gardevoir SW
    1Gallade SW
    1Bronzong MD
    1Flygon EX d DF
    1Ampharos SW
    1Solrock GE
    2Lunitone GE
    1Phione MD
    2Baltoy GE
    2Claydol GE

Trainers 22
    2celio's network
    2bebe's search
    2TV Reporter
    2Roseanne's Research
    2Team Galactic's Wager
    4Rare Candy
    4Felicity's Drawing
    2Pluspower
    1Prmier Ball
    1Time-Space Distortion

NRG 16
    4:psychic:
    3:lightning
    2:fire:
    2:water:
    2:fighting:
    1:grass:
    2Boost Energy

Strat. : The general Garch strat. you know!

Suggestions will help.

Thanks.

-gardevoirlvx:psychic:

2. Rew

Rew Active Member

Don't play too many techs, not like they aren't important, but you don't need too many. play 4 bebe's. no celio's. and Have Fun.

3. Whicker

Whicker New Member

If you want to play Garchomp, understand that his power comes from Dragon Fang and Dragon Pulse. I think you're putting too much emphasis on Restore here, and frankly that just won't work. It's way too slow for the metagame.

4. orangematt

orangematt New Member

I cannot stress enough how much 3-1 on the normal-LVX ratio is better.

Using Restore to get back Garchomp is awesome. I run 2 Premier Ball. Restore a Chomp... assume the LVX is KO'd next turn... PB it right back for Dragon Pulse all over.

Not to mention being able to prize both Garchomps. :X

5. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

I don't get the Gardy or Bronzong in here. Claydol is actually a bench hog here since Lunatone and Solrock take up so much space already.

6. Rew

Rew Active Member

are you going to nationals whicker?

Anywho he is very right. Like I said, take out some tech.

7. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

EXACTLY. It pains me to see all of these chomp lists onhere going restore crazy. Ive used garchomp for the last 4 battle roads(all topcuts and a win) and i can really say i only use restore once (at most) each tournament. Focusing on dragon pulse and dragon fang is really the best strategy as you said.

8. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

These new Restore lists aren't all that slow. What I don't get is how your guys' lists are faster or better than this.

9. Sandslash7

Sandslash7 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Wow, it's occasions that I hate my website navigation buttons on my keyboard. I had a massive post, but it got deleted. I'll still give the jist, but remove much of the reasons and detail.

Ok, Chromecatz: Thanks for giving your thoughts. I gotta say its good to hear from someone whose won with the deck.

I agree: Less Tech. Way too many singles.

However, I'd still go with 2-2 Chomp. (with a prerequisite, I'll get to that)

My thoughts:
    Remove the Lunatone/Solrock, They take up needed bench space.

Take out some of the Tech, 1 each per pairing(my sugg in Italic):
    Amphy/Bronzong
    Garde/Flygon ex

Put in some windstorm, I can garuntee that people will be running Cess Crystal at Nats.

Now for my thoughts of the deck as a whole:

Restore is broken. It is well worth the turn spent to use it. I play 2-2 Chomp, and here's the stipulation that I mentioned before.

My main attacker isn't Chomp. That's the exception, but let me explain.

I run Kabutops as my main attacker. However, I don't run a topheavy Restore focused selection. I play a flushed out line. The main difference is that I can start with the basics and immediatly go to a Tops early game, instead of wating to build a Chomp first, then going for my main attacker. This is huge, giving me the versitality to immediatly start taking prizes. I have found that most Chomp decks I've seen haven't realized that trying to restore your main attacker from nothing is too slow. Especially in the T2-3 environment of GG and Magmortar. (not to mention Banette)

Chomp isn't fast enough that way. Something will need to give, whether it be to change to 3-1 Chomp and have it be the main attacker, or move to 2-2 and flesh something else out as the main attacker.

The only "true" tech I play is 1 Amphy. This allows me to use Restore only when I need it, after my Tops die, or if I want an Amphy in play for his awesome poke body and attack.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

SS7

10. You dont have enough space on the bench for your techs :(
    3-1 or 4-1 Celio/Bebes
    take out solrock and 1 lunatone if your gonna run alot of techs, cuz most of the time, you wont have enough space on the bench
    AND one last think
    if you have too many drawing cards such as Felicity's drawing and TV Reporter, you will have no use for Claydol
    so either take a few draw cards out, (or if you value your usage of techs) then you can reduce claydol to 1-1
    because you need the bench space

Good Luck

11. edwarpy

edwarpy New Member

Bronzog + Garchomp puked for me. If it's working for you, go for it. I think LunaRock might be
    better. I agree with others, focus your restores...

12. Garch

Garch <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

-1 candy
    -1 TSD
    -1 Amphy
    -1 Bronzong
    -2 lunatone
    -1 solrock.
    -2 celio's

+1 premire ball
    +1 Bebe's
    +2 Plus power