Garden City (Detroit), MI Dragons Pre-Release 11/16/03 Announcement & Roll Call

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DaytonGymLeader, Oct 11, 2003.

1. DaytonGymLeader

DaytonGymLeader New Member

Where: Pandemonium, Tournament Play Area, 1858 Middlebelt Road, Garden City, Michigan 48135

When: Registration from 9-10AM with first round starting immediately thereafter

Structure: Age Modified Swiss Rounds - age brackets of 10 & under, 11-14, and 15 & over. Number of rounds will be Swiss plus 1. No Top 8 will be run.

Format: Sealed Deck. Each player will receive 6 packs of Ex Dragons and will have 30 minutes to build a 40 card deck. Energy will be provided.

MULLIGAN INFO: Player 2 will have to reveal their hand to confirm that they have a Mulligan PRIOR to shuffling their hand into their deck.

Costs: $20 per player

Prizes:

1st: 1 Box of Ex Dragons

2nd: 16 Packs of Ex Dragons

3rd – 4th: 8 Packs of Ex Dragons

5th – 8th: 4 Packs of Ex Dragons

Each player also receives an Ex Dragons Pre-Release Card for attending.

We're going to be featuring many different types of side events as the day goes on! Come on in and play your favorite format for fun and prizes!

Dragon Sealed Deck Tournament
    Cost: $20
    Players: All ages, no limit
    Format: Swiss, one age group
    Prizes: Based on attendance. For every 8 players, 6 Ex Dragon-e booster packs will be added to the prize pool.
    Details: This event will start after the Main Event is over. All players will participate in one event (no age categories). Promo card to all players (while supplies last); Same build and play rules as for Prerelease.

Booster Drafts
    Cost: $15
    Players: All ages, 8 players per tournament
    Format: Single elimination
    Prizes:
    1st = 5 Ex Dragon-e booster packs
    2nd = 3 Ex Dragon-e booster packs
    3rd-4th = 2 Ex Dragon-e booster packs
    Details:
    We will start booster drafts each time we have 8 players who want to booster draft. Players will draft 5 Ex Dragon-e boosters, build a 40-card deck from the drafted cards (we will provide basic energy), then play for prizes.

Constructed Tournaments
    Cost: $5
    Players: All ages, no limit on attendance
    Format: Single elimination
    Prizes:
    Based on attendance. For every 8 players, 6 Ex Dragon-e booster packs will be added to the prize pool.
    Details:
    Legal play decks are those that follow the new constructed deck rules, which are Unlimited and Modified.

GBA Tournament
    Cost: Free!
    Players: All ages, limited to 32 per tournament
    Format: Single elimination, Battle Tower (same format as for R&S GBA rounds), must have GBA and a Ruby or Sapphire Game Cartridge to play
    Prizes:
    Based on attendance. For every 8 players, 3 Ex Dragon-e booster packs will be added to the prize pool.
    Details:
    Rules include 3 Pokemon of level 50 or lower; all different; all with different items; Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza banned; and no altered cartridges. The time limit is 15 minutes with certain powers restricted after 13 minutes into the match.

More info is available at the Professional Events Website: www.professional-events.com

2. farbsman

farbsman New Member

You forgot one thing. Anyone playing in either the Detroit Prerelease or the Delaware, OH prerelease that then go the following week to LaGrange, IN prerelease will recieve a pack of Pokemon Aquapolis at the Lagrange Prerelease when they register.

3. The_Matrix999

The_Matrix999 New Member

count me in and my 2 brothers

4. DaytonGymLeader

Bump - 2 weeks to go!

5. DaytonGymLeader

Bump - Coming up quick! All events (with the exception of the Game Boy Event) will be sanctioned! Enjoy & see you there!

6. TheAnswer3

TheAnswer3 New Member

I will be there. Will anyone have singles for sale or anything?
    TheAnswer

7. DaytonGymLeader

I'm not exactly sure, but let me check and get back with everyone.

8. Sands

Sands New Member

If players don't have POP numbers, can they get them at the Pre Release?

9. DaytonGymLeader

Pamdemonium may or may not have singles for sale. I can speak for myself, I will not have singles for sale. POP IDs will be available at the Pre-Releases.

10. DaytonGymLeader

Toooooooooomorrow! Meh, I got nothin'.