Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gardevoir and Gallade-How to beat it!

Sand SLASH

How can you totally destroy a G+G deck?
My friend made a deck like this and it is really annoying, do you know any strategys people can use to stop the decks devastating attacks and abilitys!

Do you:
Use its pokemons weakness to your advantage.
Use fighting and psychic resistances.
Stop their pokemons powers/bodys e.g Aerodactyl.
Hit the Ralts before they rare candy it .
Have strong HP pokemon so they have to flip more prizes.
Dont use too many supporters so they cant copy them.

:confused:

If you have any ideas post them here!

I find that if you have a high HP that has resistence to Fighting works becasue it's very hard for them to kill but don't use exes because they could just use sonic blade and then bringdown for an easy 2 prizes. Also flygon ex d works though because with lake boundary or 2 plus powers you kill a gallade. It also forces them to get set up really fast because if any ralts take damage it's going to haunt them late game. The only problem is flygon needs a really speedy set up or else if gardy gets a psychic lock on you before you get set up you'll have a hard time getting set up wiht out powers.

Good Try

Good Idea! :thumb: however i havent got that card and it is a bit risky because of the 2 prize card draw, the 2 retreat cost and the body would get cancelled out from pyscho lock. It is also very hard to get out and by the time you are trying to hit the ralts they have already been rare candyed!
:tongue:

Last edited:
Good Idea! :thumb: however i havent got that card and it is a bit risky because of the 2 prize card draw, the 2 retreat cost and the body would get cancelled out from pyscho lock. It is also very hard to get out and by the time you are trying to hit the ralts they have already been rare candyed!
:tongue:

Psychic Lock only stops powers, not bodies.

i think that if u give alakazam an unknown G, and then attack, they will need to flip 4 prizes to K.O. you.

Sorry my Mistake

Sorry, but anyway you still have to have flygon active to activate its body and it will only hit the basic which by then would have evolved! :rolleyes:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

i think that if u give alakazam an unknown G, and then attack, they will need to flip 4 prizes to K.O. you.

Doesnt unknown G stop the damage they do from the flipped prizes?

Last edited:

Alakazam has 100HP. Psychic Cut would only need to flip two prizes. (60 + 20 + 20)

Doesnt unknown G stop the damage they do from the flipped prizes?

Unown G only stops effects done to the Pokemon it's attached to. And flipping over prizes has nothing to do with the defending Pokemon.

If you use alakazam his attack first which reduces damage they have to flip 4 prizes to KO your alakazam. You can reduce the retreat cost of flyong with phoebe;s stadium or moonlight stadium. Some gallade counters are mismagius (always nice when they have energies) magnezone which has resistance against psy pokemon or Breloom with moonlight stadium to hit gardevoir for 120 damage or togekiss which has resistance against gallade. Just look and you will find one.

I find that using Honchkrow and Darkrai CAN work, but you have to use it correctly. Darkrai has the weakness to fighting, but a resistance to Psychic, while Honchkrow has the resistance to fighting. If you play gallade against darkrai, you are toast, but if you can match your Honchkrow vs their gallade, and your darkrai vs their gardevoir, then you have a shot! :) Particularly if you throw a few murkrow out there to shoften them up with Dark Genes, before using the actual honchkrow.

Mismagius
Espeon
Banette

A T2 Banette deck would probably be the best deck against a G&G deck. But, it loses to most other decks.

I find that using Honchkrow and Darkrai CAN work, but you have to use it correctly. Darkrai has the weakness to fighting, but a resistance to Psychic, while Honchkrow has the resistance to fighting. If you play gallade against darkrai, you are toast, but if you can match your Honchkrow vs their gallade, and your darkrai vs their gardevoir, then you have a shot! :) Particularly if you throw a few murkrow out there to shoften them up with Dark Genes, before using the actual honchkrow.

It doesn't work that way. Nothing stops them from retreating a Gardy vs a Darkrai and koing it with Gallade or vice-versa vs a Honckrow if necessary.

Gyardos/Banette doesn't work either vs a competent GG player.

You can play Shcukle (Secret Wonders) if they scramble or DRE to stall a few turns, just watch out for warp point. Scizor and Houndoom also look pretty nice.

There is also Arithmetic.

arithmetic is useless now. Unless you happen to come across an area filled with Mags, I don't see the point in Gyarados with Banette. It was good early this season because both decks were dominant and arithmetic was a deck created to beat both of them. Now that one of them is out of the way you might as well play Banette/Lunasol.

Play Magmortar / Banette with fishing engine so they can't copy supporters. FishMag is fun, I played it a a small Battle Road. ^^

Play Cessation rogue decks locking down their powers (got 3-1 vs different GG/plox decks with Exploud at a BR).

Avoid using TGW in your deck if it doesn't make sense.

OHKO them with Garchomp which also requires Gallade to flip many prizes.

... or just wait for the promo Dusknoir to totally screw up any Gardevoir deck.

You should focus on a good deck that does more than just beat GG.
If you beat GG but lose to Empoleon, Magmortar, Garchomp, Leafeon, and any other deck you are likely to see, you do not have a good deck.

A good way to beat GG is to make your deck consistant, flexible, and not overly reliant on Powers.

-Consistancy means you can setup quickly most of the time (using cards like Phione and Call Energy), thus an early Plox won't nessesarily be the end of you.
-Flexibility means you don't keel over and die if they pop a Gallade out of nowhere and wipe your main attacker away. If your deck is Flexible, you can get another one out, and procede to show that tutu wearing samuri who is boss.
-Overreliance on powers means your deck is based around dropping Zapdos, Omastar, and the like in order to accomplish anything, it does NOT mean you reply on powers to setup. A consistant trainer line is the backbone of any good deck, and can help you continue to function when GG decides to Plox you.

Make a deck with these qualities, and you can beat GG with enough skill. It also allows you to be able to handle other decks as well.

Hope this helped.

Back