Gardevoir: Blaziken EX counter attempt number dos

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by SuperWooper, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Gardevoir was once a dominating deck. When Gardevoir EX came out I remember cries of "Ban it!" "Ban it!" going out. Now what are we doing? Trying to ban Blaziken EX.

This won't get us anywhere. Okay, it may, but I think it'll only take us back to square one. Defeating BAR. This will be almost as difficult as before, but with Blaziken EX gone one problem is eliminated. This of course leaves the other 58 or 59.

Bringing Gardevoir back may be a little harder now that Blaziken EX exists, but I think it can be done thanks to a new MVA card that I like to call Walreign:

Pokemon: 20
    4 Ralts
    2 Kirlia
    3 Gardevoir
    2 Gardevoir EX
    2 Team Aqua's Walrein
    4 Wynaut
    2 Wobbuffet >~<
    1 Skyridge Ditto

Energy: 20
    12 Psychic
    4 Boost
    4 Water

Trainers: 20
    3 Archie
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Oracle
    3 POR
    2 Oran Berry
    2 Potion
    2 Warp Point
    1 Town Volunteers
    1 Crystal Shard

Using Archie and TAWR, you should have a decent counter to Blaziken EX through its first attack, much less used than its second, as well as its second with the water energy. It needs a little luck to set up, but beating Blaziken EX will always need a litta bita luck. The deck is self-explanitory, I'm sure we all know what a Gardy deck looks like.

I'm not saying this deck will win anywhere, but Blaziken EX needs a counter, and I'm searching for one instead of trying to ban it.

Love it, or love to hate it. Post it here.

Wooper

2. Pablo

Pablo New Member

ya how does this match to blazikens speed? u only have 6 draw cards, 3 of them oracle which isnt even a draw card, so first things first, u have to start there, plus if blazi players sees gardy, hell just play plain old quazza instead of blazi ex, until it will guarantee him the win or something. a regular gardy would work better than this, and id prolly add cune ex to regular gardy decks, other than changing the whle thing

no pwn intended

-MuD

3. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Yeah Walrein won't help you enough and it wastes card space. Use some crystal shards which will help against rayquaza. And blazzy ex is weak to psychic anyway, so what's the point of him? Regular Blazzy's can just be killed by wobby i guess but they don't get sent out to attack too often.

BTW, I've made a deck that beats Blazzy decks like 50% of the time, but I don't wanna release it to the public yet. I might use it as my secret weapon at states.

4. Pablo

Pablo New Member

ya that deck really pwns plaid, jermy used vs me like u asked, it honestly is really good, and DO NOT release to the public ANY deck to the public, we all saw what happened to Jermy's BAR, how many BAR decks do u think wed be seeing if he hadn't posted? Why do you think you never saw my Niniken list? so by ANY means DO NOT post it.

-MuD

5. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Why not just use Wailord? Yeah TA Walrein could ohko Blaziken ex but Garde/ex should do that anyways. You will probably see more Rayquaza in this matchup which with Shard can be ohko'd by Wailord for 3 nrg.

6. nikePK

nikePK New Member

agree with everyone on this.

You lack draw.

Wailord is prolly better.

7. WaRrIoR04

WaRrIoR04 New Member

yeah add im some birch and copycat and this should work decently

8. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Mudkip, thanks for the comliment. That's a really good point, if Jermy never released BAR, I bet Gardy would still be the number one deck right now. I was about to post the day one day, but Jermy told me not to which was a good idea. If you have any suggestions for it you can PM me.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  9. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 New Member

If you looking for an anti BlazikenEX deck try a Swampert/SuicuneEx/Delcatty deck.I barely managed to beat one when Magnechu faced me with it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  10. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Gardevoir was always vastly overrated even prior to Dragons being released as in that Blaziken Ninetales and Exeggcutor were used, and even Sceptile with Wobbuffets did great vs it. It was the worst crying for banning I had ever heard, it wasn't even the top deck at the time, people just went crazy over it.

As for the deck...I like Walrein alot as a card and see it being good. As some say, perhaps Wailord IS better...but your list is really bad due to the draw power. You need like 10 draw cards, and Oracle can be maybe 2 of them...you need 8 non Oracle draw cards to make Gardy work. Beyond that your list looks fine. Solid Gardy build but you need the draw.

11. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

Blaziken ex is weak to gardevoir in the first place so why use walrien. you also need work on your trainers as you need atleast to have 4 tv reporters and and 4 oaks research.

This deck is bad

Last edited: Apr 6, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.