Gardy/ex deck - need help

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Misdreavus, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misdreavus

Misdreavus Member

I used to think this deck was all that until I saw what Blaziken/Rayquaza, Amphy ex, and Kingdra did to it (doesn't have many problems at all against other decks). Therefore, I need help against those decks (and help with general speed of the deck) if possible.

Pokémon (16):
    4x Ralts (Confuse Ray)
    2x Kirlia (Removal Beam)
    2x Gardevoir
    2x Gardevoir ex
    3x Wynaut
    3x Wobbuffet

Trainers (22):
    4x Moo-Moo Milk
    4x Rare Candy
    3x POR
    3x PETM
    3x Potion
    2x Switch
    2x Crystal Shard
    1x Town Voulenteers

Energy (22):
    18x :psychic:
    4x :colorless:colorless:colorless

I personally much prefer the Confuse Ray Ralts to the Psychic Boom one... if I'm lucky, Ralts will only be there for the first turn, in which Psychic Boom will be useless or almost useless. If I go first and start with Ralts, Psychic Boom will do nothing and I will have to use Hypnosis, but I also prefer confusion to sleep. Trainers seem pretty self-explanatory... but I might need another Crystal Shard because Rayquaza is big here and I have a lot of trouble against him. The energies seem like overkill, but even with 18 Psychics, I have difficulty drawing them and this is definitely not a good deck to have that happen in. I also have problems with not having enough Pokémon (or just having useless ones) out... once Gardevoir is killed I basically have a Ralts and a Wynaut, which is nothing compared to what my opponent has. I don't know what to do about this, but I am thinking of playing Seer for my energy problems. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2004
  2. WaRrIoR04

WaRrIoR04 New Member

try this

3. Mewstar

Mewstar New Member

I think it will be better this way.

Pokémon (16):
    4x Ralts (Confuse Ray)
    2x Kirlia (Removal Beam)
    2x Gardevoir
    2x Gardevoir ex
    3x Wynaut
    3x Wobbuffet

Trainers (25):
    3x Moo-Moo Milk
    3x Rare Candy
    3x Professor Oak Research
    3x Bill's Maintenence
    3x Fast Ball
    3x Potion
    3x Switch
    3x Crystal Shard
    1x Town Voulenteers

Energy (19):
    19x Psychic

4. WaRrIoR04

WaRrIoR04 New Member

if you want to win with a gard deck you need boost cuz its basicly a pluspower that does 30 with gard ex if you play 3 of each your odds are better to get them bills maintenence isnt really neccesary birch does better than it cuz with gard your hand will be smaller fast ball not needed thats what wynaut is for if you dont like fan club play dual ball moo moo well healing isnt a problem either use oran beacause you will get no heads at least once crystal shard i dont know why you would need that honestly if your goin up against a ray then use wobb so it cant hurt you

5. Misdreavus

Misdreavus Member

The opponent will use Switch and bring out something like Blaziken and proceed to KO Wobb, then Ray comes back out once I am forced to send out something like Gardy/ex and Dragon Burst KOs it. Since Rayquaza is such a problem, I am trying to instead make some sort of Salamence deck but I can't figure out what Pokés to put in it yet... any ideas on that? (I am looking for some sort of anti-Gard, Blaze, or Amphy ex evo line or basically anything that goes well with Salamence.)

6. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

I think you only need 13-14 Psy and 4 Boost. Fan Club is better with Wynaut then PETM. Since you gain a turn by playing the basics 1st turn and you put down 2. Wynaut can search for any 1 pokemon so you will get more overall in the beginning. I think you need Wynaut #4. Add 1 POR, and either Birch or Copycat. Maybe an Oracle. Use the spaces from dropped Nrg and maybe some dropped Healers.

7. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I'd like to point out that Wobbuffet does the same exact damage as Blaziken and Blaziken has to discard an energy. Wobbuffet takes 10 itself though. So if Wobbuffet met Blaziken, both healed perfectly, I would give the match to whoever attacks first. That means if you knock out rayquaza with wobbuffet, blaziken comes up and attacks, you attack it and it KO's Wobbuffet. But it's a close match.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.