Gardy-Gallade still contender??????

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by blastois, Aug 21, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. blastois

blastois New Member

:smile:With the rotation out of DRE and scramble energy will gardy still be able to set up and have energy excelleration to stand against speed decks such as kindra. Thank you in advance for your advice!

2. Zathaz

Zathaz New Member

I hope not I dislike that deck with a passion

3. mikeynumber1

mikeynumber1 New Member

i dont think so because the deck relied on having those cards to keep it going consistantly during drag out fights. also it wont have the speed it used to. and even if someone manages to make this deck work, bannette works just as good without DRE so its not much of a problem.

4. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

It would shock me if G&G didn't take at least a handful of fall Battle Roads, but then again I expect them to be pretty random this year.

5. drrty byl

drrty byl New Member

I'm pretty sure theace.dec beats it now that energy accel is dead..

6. gardevoirlvx

gardevoirlvx New Member

IMO, I think G&G and PLOX will stay alive.

7. ShadowGuard

ShadowGuard <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

GG with energy acceleration works and should be able to win some BRs/CCs, but it won't be a big threat like Plox was this season. So don't worry about still having only one supreme deck again. ;)

8. Ninjask_161

Ninjask_161 New Member

i speculate that there will be alot of rogue decks popping up this season. <.< >.> perhaps some that will ne more dangerous than GG

9. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

There are some new obvious combos with GG like TS-2 Devolutor and Gallade's Sonic Blade.
    It can probably take down a lot in 2 turns and save a lot of prize flipping.
    There are probably be other new obvious combos in GG like the new Pixie that shuts down Poke-Powers when it's played from the hand. Even Dusknoir's power is decent even without the attack.

10. Shadow Zangoose

Shadow Zangoose New Member

I honestly think it's going to be too slow to combat things like Kingdra or AMU. Both of those decks should just tear Gardevoir apart if they're built well and have a player behind them that has SOME intelligence.

11. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

GG loses all its comeback power this format. You can't have your Gardy be OHKO'd and promote another one with a scramble early in the game anymore, and those few turns difference of speed is huge. Going from 2-3 turns to at minimum 6 turns to set up 2 of your big Pokemon is why it just won't work anymore.

12. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

The deck will definitley lose most of its speed and surprising factor, but i'm sure it will see some play. However it will only be played until people realise that it is DEAD and it's time to move on to the next format.