gardy lx w/ bastidon?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Typhlosion King, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Typhlosion King

Typhlosion King New Member

Do you think gardy lx and bastidon would be a good combo? Gardy lx brings down the oppoent's smaller pokemon while bastidon protects your bench so you don't ko your own pokemon. Rare candy a new gardy down to the bench so you don't have to have a 60 hp ralts on the bench.

2. ApachePrime

ApachePrime New Member

This won't work. This only covers from your opponent's attacks, and then only covers damage done, not effects.

3. Typhlosion King

Typhlosion King New Member

I know that. But it protects against bench snipers that lower your pokemon's hp.

4. ApachePrime

ApachePrime New Member

Right, but you said
    Bring Down will still take out your own Pokemon, because Bastiodon only protect from your OPPONENT'S attacks.

5. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

Sorry, But Apache's right. It's not going to work.

6. Soccer_kid13

Soccer_kid13 New Member

i think what he is saying is that he protects his bench, then so all his pokemon are fully healed and his pokemon should have more Hp. I think for this combo to work you need sniper to hurt their Pokemon so there isnt any chance you kill your own .

7. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

Well, Bastiodon would certainly be something in Mirror matchup. Returning to 30/40 with 60+40 sounds like an advantage to me, and protecting from bench sniping is an additional bonus against decks like Empoleon. Fossil basic is really the only thing that's going against it.