Gardy X Clarification

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by MrMeches, Nov 3, 2007.

1. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

Ok I read these two Gardy X attack & gardy x atk
    and then actually pulled the card 131-Gardevoir-LVX and was stil uncertain so I emailed a friend of mine I met at Worlds in 2004 that is Japanese and asked him how they played the card. His reply was "you select a pokemon from you side or from you opponent side and this is knocked out Pokemon" which stil kinda confused me so I asked him to clarify it and he said "it is player of Gardevoir X choice to pick which side" which is contradictory to the way it is currently ruled in the previous posts.

So by reading and rereading the card and emails I received from him, he is saying you get to select from either side and this is why it is "Choose 1 Pokemon (yours or your opponents)" not Choose 1 Pokemon in Play. So Choose to ko my lowest HP Pokemon or Choose to KO my Opponents lowest HP Pokemon and not the lowest HP Pokemon in play.

Could we get some further insight on how to rule currently on this card and myabe some research on the Japanese version as it appears the current ruling is different fomr the US to JPN?

Either that or he is completely misunderstanding me.

Seems like a Brain buster to me and would like to get a rsolution before Cities Start up!

Thanks!!
    ~Fish~

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Did you ask him what happens if you have the lowest HP Pokemon but would want to KO your opponent's anyway?
    I think then you will get a clear answer, that it is your Pokemon that is KO'd.