Garrett's CHINtastic top 8 report

Discussion in 'Conventions' started by Raichu2063, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Raichu2063

Raichu2063 New Member

So after regionals i had no clue what to play for Nats. I rly wanted to win this after getting second last year so i knew i had to make the perfect deck choice. So up untill nationals i was going to play the exact list that mikey(sry mike not even going to try to spell ur last name) played and got top 4 with. So i arrive meet up with Bobby, Kant, aaron, steve , mikey, jeremy, and i meet chad and pramwat. After this kant introduced me to the one and only MATT CHIN. It was all going great until i relize I left Plox at home:[. SO i need something else to play well, Jimmy gave me his approval and told me about sausage, along with Erik Nance. So some time around 1:30 friday night i build it and played it once with steve(Thanks for everything this year bro) and hit the bed.

So its saturday morning i go with sausage (ban bliss) and so it begins.

Round 1 Lucario - I play against riolu and i use ghost head t2 win! yesss!
    1-0

Round 2 Empoleon- He gets piplup start and i start with mew* and a water energy and cess and i just spread till mew dies and the finish everything with blissey.
    2-0

Round 3 Empoleon- He got a good set up and started to spread damage evrywhere compared to my so so start. I just couldn't keep up. good game.
    2-1

Round 4 EEvee lutions- i got turn 2 blissey with cess and just started to run threw verything he had.
    3-1

Round 5- plox- i was able to get bannetes going and kept cess and beach in play and take this one.
    4-1

Round 6- Empoleon- I remmeber that this was a rly good game and i barely pullled it out thanks to the 3rd warp poitn(ily jimmy) to take the win.
    5-1

Round 7-??- i for get who i played and what it was i just remmeber i lost.:[
    5-2

Round 8-plox- I was kinda worried about this one because i knew he was a good player and i had to win. luckily i get a ban start and run threw everything he had.
    6-2

top 32-empoleon- I get a good start he dosen't and i just have and keep board control all game.
    game 2- same as 1
    7-2

top 16- i had to play curran again so i was still a little worried but i just get out baneette and cess and win.
    game 2-same as game 1
    8-2

top 8- so i got an invite 2 yrs in a row at nats and i'm pretty exited. i have to play empoleon and this is prolly my worst matchup (still very winnable) and i get a horrible hand and get goin and he gets t2 empoleon and i fold cuz i could tell he liked to use the clock and i just had no chance.
    Game 2- I drew no supporters all game and lose:[. so ik was dissapointed for not winning it this year but honestly i don't have nothing to complain about. 2nd last year and now 6th this year. And its all because of a few ppl i would like to mention.

Steve silvestro- Bro i don't think i could've done everything i did this year without u. I appreciate everything u and your dad have done for me so much. Its been great times steve i <3 u.

Jimmy- I wanted to say thanks on letting me on another jimmy ballard project i can't say i could've done so good without u man. I appreciate that a ton. It was great meeting u.

Zach - Thanks for all the help testing for Nats. You've also helped me out a great deal. Take care and I'll see you at worlds.

Mike Farrington(my dad)- Thanks for driving me to evnet after event there is no way i would be where i am without u. Thanks dad.

props-
    MATT CHIN
    Bobby malec- sry nats wasn't btr for u bro, we will make up fro it at worlds tho.
    Mikey- for being the real national champion
    aaron- For winning the cup(we know u did) and being matticus chenneth
    kant- Just because we had a great time lol strawberry daiquiri's.
    Tati for being chill
    Chad- it was cool meeting u and it was ven better beating kant in football lol
    MATT CHIN
    jeremy- the dream is still alive for worlds!
    zack- for getting me ready for nats and us breaking the format lol <3 u
    Agustin- for giving me the best plox list ever and helping me for nats
    Mondak- Because it was amazing to meet THE ROCk:]
    michael adams- no one loves u lol :]
    Erik Nance- thanks for everything
    Pramwat-meeting u lol
    MATT CHIN

slops-
    omar not getting a trip
    steve 0-3 dropping(that should've nvr happened)
    bobby for being sad:[
    matt chin not going to worlds
    Bobby being gloomy:[

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  2. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

Good job man. To bad I couldn't say hey to you there. You were busy with your fancy top cut. Nice job bro. C u at nats., and gratz on invite.

:thumb:

3. Jason

Jason New Member

gj on getting this far, Garret. Hope to see ya in Orlando :)

4. twitchy lv x

twitchy lv x New Member

good job man, ur gotten soo much better from when i first met you, ill c ya at worlds

5. Raichu2063

Raichu2063 New Member

bonsly-thanks
    jason- hope to see u also
    twitchey- i know i remember when i won that gym challenge with bug lol

6. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

one win away from the trip =(
    haha grats, had a great time chilling with u
    more good times to be had at worlds!

ur def one of the coolest pokemon players

oh yeah its not "the rock" it's gotta be "THE ROCK" haha

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  7. mca3

mca3 New Member

Great Job, dude! I hope I get to see you there in August, or before then. Good luck and I hope I see that little kid again, lol!!!

8. Raichu2063

Raichu2063 New Member

There kant, THE ROCK has been taken care of lol

9. Magnechu

Magnechu Active Member

<3
    Let's rip up Worldssss

10. TheDancingPeanut

TheDancingPeanut New Member

Yeah! Nice job man. I owe you a cookie next time I see you.

11. mca3

mca3 New Member

We Defanitly NEED to work on MattChin.dec for Worlds/Grinder, dude!

12. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

Great job Garrett. When I heard you were playing Sausages, I figured outta 206 other players, you would draw my son (Alex) again in a mirror match. He top cuts Reg's if he didnt draw you 1st rd there w/ a mirror. He loves Blissey and really liked Banette, so we merged the 2 decks. The Mew * tech is the bomb with this deck. He was going to go straight lockdown Bliss, but we needed a bench sniper late game vs Empy and Mew * was the play. We carried it over to BanBliss (or Begfriend in your neck of the woods) and voila, nearly the same list as Sausages, w/o the Jimmy list! (Even had the Mew d for the grass decks)

See ya at Worlds!

Keith

PS Your Dad was great as my lead runner in JRs. Kept me up to date w/ the Hive!

13. spazcrackers

spazcrackers New Member

bobby being sad and bobby being gloomy is almost the same thing lol

other then that props bud ;p

-b

14. Raichu2063

Raichu2063 New Member

Mikey- yes i we have to win worlds! can't wait to see u there
    Jim- thanks for the kind words
    Mike-lol
    Keith- Thanks and i'm sure my dad appreciates that
    Brent- lol i know but it needed to be said TWICE

15. metalbird

metalbird New Member

Gratz on t8 and i'll cya at worlds in a few weeks lol. And Matt chin may be super famous now lol!

16. Apache

Apache New Member

Matt Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin. Good job, and see you at Worlds.

17. But your not gonna comment on the 3 matt chins? lol

GJ garret, you did rly well especially for playing a new deck

18. swampert97

swampert97 Active Member

Hold on there Garret, remember I played you 2nd round. Table 1. Remember I had the Absol ex start? Anyway, great job man, good luck at worlds.

19. Raichu2063

Raichu2063 New Member

orion thanks u to
    metalbrid thanks
    apache- matt chin's so good
    swapert 97 -lol actually i don't remmeber all i know is i used mew *that game and spread

20. mca3

mca3 New Member

You are the man, TOO bad you left Plox at home, lol!!! It was a Blast, I hope next year we have as much fun, dude!