GE cards for State?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by David's Confused Pokedad, Mar 2, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Did any GE centered decks make the top Cut at State? Not talking techs here. or starters but feel free to post about what role they may have played at States. Would really like to know how far a GE centered deck made it for the first State Tourney this year.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  2. Jason

Jason New Member

Yes
    Togekiss was the main one.
    And theres also Venusaur/Dialgia X
    And theres Darkrai with Houndoom....

3. pokemaniac93

pokemaniac93 New Member

Darkrai with Houndoom doesn't make any sense. Whatever!!!

4. It got 4th in Colorado. Masters.

Thank you Jason.

5. Ignatious

Ignatious New Member

Magmortar/Togekiss is a very good deck with the right build. Mt mother took 2nd in the states that we attended last weekend.

6. The_Lurb

The_Lurb New Member

Gorebyss/Huntail/Mismagius got second in Seniors. Togekiss/Ho-oh also placed in the top 8.

7. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

2-2 Darkrai X in my brothers deck made it as far as a 3-3 record in OK States.

8. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

I can see maybe 1-1 Cress lv x techs, 1-1 Porygon, 1-1 Claydol, Darkai LV x with Bliss/Weavle

9. Thanks Tina but I am looking for what cards did well from the set not what would do well.

10. eriknance

eriknance New Member

Yeah, what is the synergy there other than type? And how does the Dialga Lv.X/Venasaur thing make sense unless you have rigged dice?

11. HBK HaVoC

HBK HaVoC New Member

I made 5th in my states with Torterra and Sceptile.

12. Lucario EX

Lucario EX Moderator<br>Fanfic Contest Host

Because even if your opponent flips double heads on Time Skip, you can inflict damage with poison/burn from Miracle Aroma, and Dialga lacks the HP needed to be an effective staller, while Venusaur has high HP and healing, and with poison damage Dialga can 2HKO Gardevoir LV. X, Magmortar Lv. X, Gallade, Blissey, and can OHKO Lucario, Honchkrow, some basics, etc, which it couldn't do otherwise.

13. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

^That and you where stupidly lucky with your flips.
    The deck dies when it comes up against mag or G&G.