General Question

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by QWERT392001, Feb 11, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. QWERT392001

QWERT392001 New Member

Hello Everyone!

I have been skimming all the questions and I have a few of my own?

1) I have noticed several references that seem to say "older Pokemon" like Cleffas' EEEK attack can not be used in tournaments. Is this true?

2) Does any Pokemon have an attack or power that would require your opponent to shuffle their deck?

3) Are there any Pokemon that are considered banned for tournament play?

4) Is there any Pokemon that can kill a baby Pokemon without requiring you to roll a heads first?

5) Does anyone know where I can procure the Stadium Gym that stops Recycle Energy from going back to the hand?

Thanks for all the help

Steven

2. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

1) Cleffa is not allowed in Modified Play. In Unlimited, i'd highly recommend it.
    2) Erika's Dragonair would - you and your opponent shuffle both Actives into your decks. I believe there are others that allow the placement of an energy card into the deck, which then gets shuffled. More Trainers than Pokémon can cause your opponent to shuffle their decks.
    3) Ancient Mew and _______'s Pikachu (black star # 24) AKA Happy Birthday Pikachu cannot be played in any sanctioned tourney. Modified Format tourneys only allow cards from Expedition and up and Nintendo release promos (you can use a card from prior sets if it was released in Expedition or after). Unlimited Tourneys just restrict the 2 cards listed.
    4) If the Baby is Active, you must roll when attacking. If the Baby is on the Bench, and no Baby is Active, Cacturne KOs it nicely.
    5) Try down in the Trading Forum.

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 New Member

4) Any Pokemon with Swift (or an equivelant) & Plus Power can OHKO a baby. Swift does 20 damage, and it ignores all effects that protect the defending Pokemon.

Dark Feraligator has a Pokemon power that negates all of your opponent's Baby Pokemon's Baby-powers (it also prevents your opponent's Baby from attacking).

4. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Nope and not really. Swift will not go through the baby rule, as it is only protected against damage altering effects, not attacks-negating effects such as the baby rule. Dark Feraligatr does stop babies from attacking, using Poke-powers, poke-bodies, and and pokemon powers, but not the baby rule.

5. QWERT392001

QWERT392001 New Member

Thanks for the info

just wanted to say thanks for the info!

6. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

I believe it's Pokemon Tower that can stop Recycle Energies fromm going back to hands.