Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Generation Contest - TIE BREAKER RESULTS UP!

Qwachansey

INCLUDE FLAVOR TEXT FOR ALL POKEMON, EVEN IF NORMALLY THEY DO NOT HAVE IT!

Challenge 9 - ULTIMATE TIE BREAKER!:

Start: 2/4/2010
End: 2/13/2010

Winner: G3!
Loser: G4!

FOR THIS CHALLENGE, YOU MAY USE POKEMON FROM ANY GENERATION!

I have no idea what deck I'll be using when sets get rotated after Worlds. I don't know what techs I'll use and what my trainer line will be.

This challenge will be to create a staple for the new rotation, Platinum On*.

Since so many important cards like Claydol, Uxie, and Roseanne's Research will be rotated, it's up to you to make a new Pokemon staple. It can be any stage, LV. X, SP, Prime, etc - just make sure to include all evolutions.

YOUR IDEA MUST BE ORIGINAL! Don't do this:

Poke - POWER Space Abilities
One during your turn (before you attack), you may put up to 3 cards from your hand to the bottom of your deck in any order and then draw cards until you have 5 cards in your hand.

If you make something like that, you will lose.

A "Staple" should be self - explanatory. Bebe's Search is a staple. Mom's Kindness is not.

The total number of points available for this challenge is: 10.
The total amount of points any team can have is: >9000.

For this challenge, any team that scores under 5 Points loses the contest. Tough luck bud.

*This is not confirmed, but I will use this sample rotation for the round.

TEAM G1: 467 Total Points Q - Points: 3 ELIMINATED!

1. legotack
2. Elite_4_Allen
3. pmg24
4. toj1988
5. eltric_snipe

TEAM G2: 817.5 Total Points Q - Points: 3 ELIMINATED!

1. Shino Bug Master
2. Shiny Noctowl
3. Nekizalb
4. IronPika
5. ensignmerlin

TEAM G3: 1570.25 Total Points Q - Points: 3

1. emodicer
2. wally
3. Empoleonx54
4. Cardz5000

TEAM G4: 1512 Total Points Q - Points: 3

1. David's Confused Pokedad
2. afstandopleren
3. FlamingJapaneseMan
4. Steel Winger
5. pokemon99

TEAM Q: (Judge)

1. Qwachansey

Last edited:
Ah, the light aqua font BURNS D:

Forretress Lv. 36 HP 100 (M)
Stage 1 Pokemon
(Evolves from Pineco)

Poke-Power: Spike Spout
Once during your turn (before you attack) you may use this Power. Discard an energy card attached to this Pokemon. Then attach an energy card from your hand or discard pile to one of your Pokemon. This Power can't be used if Forretress is affected by a special condition.

(C) Spin Refresh
Remove 3 damage counters from up to 2 of your Pokemon (excluding any Forretress).

(M)(C)(C) Heavy Blast 40
Choose any number of benched Pokemon (both yours and your opponents). This attack does 20 damage to each of those Pokemon (you can't choose a Pokemon more then once). Then for each benched Pokemon damaged by this attack, return an energy card from one of your Pokemon in play to your hand.

Weakness: (R) +30
Resistance: (P) -20
Retreat Cost: (C)(C)

I guess I'll join. Note I'm new to CaC contests.

I'll go with team G4.

Here's the card:

Garchomp 130 HP

[C]

PokeBody: Defensive Talons

As long as Garchomp is your Active Pokemon, all damage done to your Pokemon is reduced by
20. (After applying Weakness and Resistance.) (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for
Benched Pokemon.)

[C] [C] Menacing Swipe 40

You may flip a coin. If heads, this attack does no damage. Instead, put damage counters on the
Defending Pokemon until it is 10 HP away from being knocked out.

[C] [C] [C] Malevolent Rush 130

If the Defending Pokemon is Knocked out by this attack, Garchomp does 40 damage to itself.

W: [C]+30
R: [L]-20
RC: [-]

Team G4 entry. David out.

Joining G1, what else? Here's my card, Qwachansey:

Victreebel HP 130 [G]
Stage 2 (evolves from Weepinbell)

[.] Vegetation Memorization
Search your deck for a Pokémon card and discard it. Choose one attack from that card. Copy that attack (except for his energy cost) and use it for this attack.

W: [R] +20
R:
RC: [C][C]

G1 FTW!

i'll enter for G1 here's the card

ALAKAZAM 120 HP STAGE 2 evolves from KADABRA.

poke-power: instant telekinesis:

once during your turn when you put alakazam from your hand to evolve one of your pokemon, you may search your opponent's deck for 5 cards and put them back on top of your opponent's deck in any order.

attack: mind crash: pppcc: 120

pppcc stands for 3 phsychic and 2 colorless

W +30 p
R - 20 f
RC ccc

f stands for fighting

there's my G1 entry

i'll join for sure on team G1
Charizard Lv. 76
Stage 2: Evolves from Charmeleon

:ppowr: Fire Switch
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a :fire: Energy attach to 1 of your Pokemon. If you do, switch the Defending Pokemon with 1 of your opponent's Bench Pokemon.

:fire::colorless: Fire Slash 30
During your next turn, when you attack the Defending Pokemon, flip a coin. If heads that attack does 20 more damage to the Defending Pokemon.

:fire::fire::colorless:colorless Burning Blast 100
Discard 2 Energy attach to Charizard and this attack does 20 damage to 2 of your opponent's Bench Pokemon.

Weakness: :water:+20
Resistance: :fighting:-20
Retreat Cost: :colorless:colorless:colorless

Last edited:
Banette LV. 56 :psychic:
80 HP

:pbody: Forsaken Doll
If you don't have any Banette on your bench, any damage done by attacks to your Active Banette is reduced by 40 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

:psychic::colorless Betrayal
Search your deck for up to 3 Banette and discard them. For each card you discarded, remove 2 damage counters from Banette.

:psychic::psychic: Repentance 30+
You may discard up to 3 Stadium, Trainer, or Supporter cards from your hand. If you do, this attack does 30 damage plus 20 more damage for each card you discarded. Then, search your discard pile for a number of Banette equal to the number of cards you discarded and put it in your hand.

Weakness: :dark: +20
Resistance: :colorless -20
Retreat Cost: :colorless

--------------------

TEAM G3

Carnivine lv.30 - :grass: - 80HP
Basic

:pbody: Levitate
Any damage done to Carnivine by your opponent's :fighting: Pokemon is reduced by 30.

:colorless Special Lure 10
Before doing damage, you may have your opponent switch the Defending pokemon. Choose Burned or Poisoned. The Defending Pokemon is now affected by that Special Condition.

:grass::grass: Reactive Chomp 40
Remove 2 damage counters from Carnivine for each Special Condition on the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: :fire:+20
Resistance: :water:-20
Retreat: :colorless

I'll join Team G4

Arceus Lv.100 100 HP [C]
Basic Pokémon

Arceus Rule: Your deck may contain as many copies of this card as you’d like.

Poké-Power : Clear Advantage
Whenever your search your deck for a card, you may put a card from your hand into your deck. If you do, choose 2 card excluding the one you just put) from your deck and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[.] Elite Search
Search your deck for a card and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[C][C][C] Divine Shoot
This attack does 50 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.

Weakness - [C] x2
Resistance - [-]
Retreat Cost - [C]

3rd Gen Please

I'll try this one out.

Nidoking
Stage 2 [F] Pokemon - Evolves from Nidorino
130 HP

Poke-Body: Poison Point
If Nidoking is your Active Pokemon and damaged by your opponent's attack, (even if Bowser's Nidoking is Knocked Out) the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.

[P][F][C] Minion's Rage 40+
This attack does 40 plus 10 more damage for each Pokemon on your Bench with any damage counters on it. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack also does 10 more damage for each damage counter on Nidoking.

[F][F][F][C] Earthbound Spirit 80
If Nidoking would be Knocked Out during your opponent's next turn, you may flip a coin. If heads, move all Energy cards attached to Nidoking to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: [P] +30
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

Last edited:
generation 1!!!!!!!!!!!
squirtle:water: lv 10 hp 50
pokepowertyphoon.
you may switch the defending pokemon and one of your oppents benched pokemon. this afect can not be used f squirtle is affected by a specail condition.
:colorless shell twirl: swicth squirtle with one of your benched pokemon: 20 damage
:water::water: waterstream:50 damage

Back