Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gengar SF is better than cursegar

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWilson

i made it yesterday for league cause gengar is my fav pokemon and i wanted to play something other than cursegar. I came up with this which is a twist off of my metalgar deck that i played in regionals and topped.

4 gastly pitch dark
2 haunter hoodwink
4 SF gengar

2-2 claydol
2- uxie

2-1-2 metagross with the drop 20 hp body

1-1 Honchcrow with the darkness restore power

1 unknown q
1 unknown g
4 roseanes
1 collector
3 bebe's
3 lookers
3 switches
4 drawers
2 BTS
4 rare candy
1 luxury ball
2 night maintenance

6 psychic energy
2 warp energy
the deck idea is simple get out gengar and metagross and pick off the pixies and claydols or anything that u can one shot and have fainting spell as a back up. Then use switches and warp energies along with the darkness restore power to get back things from the discard to oneshore..,,. this also makes gyrados match up almost an auto win

It would be cool to hear from you guys on what u think this is the first time ive been back on here in a while so i decided to post one of my favorite decks, hope you enjoy! :smile:

I would drop a Gengar for a Gengar Lv. X. Level Down a Garchomp C or a Luxray GL, play Metagross, and you only need 2 Trainers to do enough damage with Poltergeist for a KO.

hmm i'll have to try that one of my friends already insited that but im not a big fan of the x but i'll prolly try it

I really like the Honchcrow idea in this deck Matt, it should do nicely with -20 hp from Metagross. I am a little concerned about the 3 switches though, I think you should drop at least 1 for a Warp Point. Other than that it seems pretty solid.

I wouldnt run the lv x if ur wanting to smash those sp lv xs in the face then theyd just get to use their powers all over again

Matt, big guy, I got an Amphy waiting in the deck box for every one of your fainting spells. I see the need for all the switches because honchcrow has to be active and it has to be pulled back for gengar. And I don't see the need for the X. What are you going to do, level down a Garchomp or Luxray to let them do it all over again? Giving extra brightlooks to your opponent seems like an awful idea.

P.S. the warp energies were a nice touch for honchcrow too.

Everybody's gotta hate something. Good thing you found out yours at such a young age. Do like everyone else and try to tech Dialga G X. ;)

Never play Honchkrow SV without Dusknoir DP. They just need to fill their bench and it's useless.

the point of the deck is to snipe stuff on the bench... Their bench will not be full because everyone plays cards such as uxie and claydol.... So I can snipe those even basics with 50 hp I one shot, so the honcrow is in their for when I run out of things to one shot their bench will not be full of things I cannot one shot thus dusknoir is not needed

Everybody's gotta hate something. Good thing you found out yours at such a young age. Do like everyone else and try to tech Dialga G X. ;)

Yeah, because everyone runs an Ampharos PL tech....why tell him to hurt his consistency over something he'll probably never see?

I'd rather take the loss instead of ruining my decks consistency over the match-up.

alex I thought you were thejoker....
@thegeneral the guy who suggested that is one of my friends and runs amphy in his kingdra deck and gives me crap for it whenever he can

drop the 3 switches

make it 3-2-3 metagross(1 unleashed)

then you get free retreat on everything with psychic attached.

^ umm...buddy, the gengar has free retreat all ready and the rest he can switch/warp energy back, the 3 extra cards aren't necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back