Gengar SF/ nidoking

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by walrus, Mar 15, 2010.

1. walrus

walrus New Member

I have a question about the combination of Stormfront Gengar and Rising Rivals Nidoking.

Nidokings pokebody Territoriality: If your active pokemon is damaged by an opponents attack (even if that pokemon is knocked out) put 2 damage counters on the Attacking Pokemon. You can't put more than 2 damage counters in this way.

Gengars pokebody: Fainting Spell: Once during your opponent's turn, if Gengar would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, you may flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out.

I was playing my brother and I had a active Gengar and a benched Nidoking. My opponent was two damage counters away from being KO'd (so if he damages my active gengar he dies from Nidoking's Territoriality). So he KO'd my Gengar and took two damage counters from Territoriality and was then KO'd. I rolled for fainting spell and it was activated successfully.
    My question is if the Nidoking knock's out my opponents pokemon, with Territoriality, would my successful fainting spell be applied to NEW active pokemon my opponent has to play or would it be pointless because it could only be applied to the previous (now KO'd) active pokemon?

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

It would only apply to the Pokemon that actually attacked Gengar, which is still there, but about to be KO'd from damage anyway.