Georgia Regional Championships: April 13th & 14th, 2013 (TCG AND VGC)

Discussion in 'Regional Championships' started by Gym Leader Blaine, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

GEORGIA TCG REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS – SPRING 2013

Basic Information

Grand Hall #7
    300 N. Thomas St
    Athens, GA. 30601

Date: Saturday, April 13th, 2013 (MASTERS Top 16 play off on Sunday, April 14th)

Time: Registration at 8:30 AM – 9:45 AM (You MUST be in line by 9:45 or you will receive a 1st round lost). The main tournament (swiss rounds) should last 5 to 6 hours depending on the age group. After swiss Top Cut will begin for the Juniors & Seniors on Saturday April 13th.

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 2002 or later)/Seniors (born in 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001)/Masters (born in 1997 or earlier)

Format: Modified Constructed Deck (Bring your own 60 card deck - Cards are allowed from Black & White or later as well as Black Star BW01 and higher, BW Trainer Kit cards)

Style: Age Modified Swiss (all players will play in every round) - Top Cut Finals is single elimination two out of three match play.

Reminder: Players please remember to bring your POP ID#. If you are a new player and don't have one we can provide you one at the event. Also remember to bring your damage counters and burn/poison markers if your deck requires it.

Cost: FREE!!!

GEORGIA VGC REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS – SPRING 2013

Basic Information

Grand Hall #7
    300 N. Thomas St
    Athens, GA. 30601

Date: Sunday, April 14th, 2013

Time - Juniors & Seniors: Registration begins for Juniors and Seniors at 8:30 AM (Registration ends at 9:30 AM). Juniors and Seniors begin play around 10:00 AM.

Time - Masters: Registration begins for Masters at 11:00 AM (Registration ends at 12:30 PM). Masters begin play around 1:00 PM.

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 2002 or later)/Seniors (born in 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001)/Masters (born in 1997 or earlier)

Format: The Modified format is the standard tournament format for PLAY! Pokémon video game events. This format will be used at all premier events unless specified otherwise. The Modified format for the 2012–2013 season will use the following restrictions:

• Only Pokémon Black 2 Version and Pokémon White 2 Version Game Cards are permitted for use.
    • Players may use Pokémon from the National Pokédex, from No. 001–646, that are caught in the game, transferred from a previous Pokémon title, or received at an official event or distribution
    • The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team:
    • 150 – Mewtwo
    • 151 – Mew
    • 249 – Lugia
    • 250 – Ho‐Oh
    • 251 – Celebi
    • 382 – Kyogre
    • 383 – Groudon
    • 384 – Rayquaza
    • 385 – Jirachi
    • 386 – Deoxys
    • 483 – Dialga
    • 484 – Palkia
    • 487 – Giratina
    • 489 – Phione
    • 490 – Manaphy
    • 491 – Darkrai
    • 492 – Shaymin
    • 493 – Arceus
    • 494 – Victini
    • 643 – Reshiram
    • 644 – Zekrom
    • 646 – Kyurem
    • Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
    • Pokémon above level 50 are permitted, but they are auto‐leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.
    • Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
    • Pokémon may not know the moves Sky Drop or Dark Void.
    • The Wonder Launcher cannot be used during battle.

Cost: FREE!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Hotel Information
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Holiday Inn Express
    513 W. Broad Street
    Athens, GA. 30601
    Phone: 706-546-8122

I was able to get a block of rooms for a rate of $82 a night + tax for Friday & Saturday. You need to call the hotel and ask for the Pokémon rate which is coded as PTA or use this link to make your reservations:

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/athens/ahndt/hoteldetail?groupCode=PTA

This hotel is a half a mile from the Classic Center.
    Reservations must be made by March 10th to receive discount rate. After that date reservations will be taken on a space available basis. Make sure to make your reservations sooner than later as there are a lot of events going on that weekend.
    Hotel is planning on letting us use one of their smaller Event Rooms Friday & Saturday night for an Open Gaming area.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. LOLZ

LOLZ New Member

I'll be there! :thumb:

3. ApachePrime

ApachePrime New Member

Loooots of Florida Players will be coming up too. :D Including at least 3 right here. Can't wait to come up. GA is always a blast.

4. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

We already made our reservations for this one.
    For anyone that wasn't here this past April this is a GREAT venue with lots of space!!!
    Looking forward to this one.

5. LOLZ

LOLZ New Member

6. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

For all those that are planning to attend in April I would book your hotel room today. I have already gotten a couple of calls from people saying hotels in the area are starting to fill up becaues of other events that weekend.

7. meganium45

meganium45 New Member

I will be there.

Thanks,

Vince

8. raznprince

raznprince New Member

Rumor has it there is going to be a Jason Aldean concert at the UGA campus that same weekend if that is any indication...

9. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

I should be attending barring any setbacks.

10. dragonfire

dragonfire New Member

I'd walk there just for the Jason Aldean concert. Hopefully there are plenty of dirt roads.

11. Champ Buster

Champ Buster New Member

The hotel listed on the thread (Holiday Inn Express) is already completely booked.

12. POPokeDad

POPokeDad New Member

So where is the next best (and closest) city to stay in? On Expedia.com, ALL ROOMS ARE BOOKED. Any suggestions by anyone?

13. Alann

Alann New Member

Well, theres some country singer there but luckily im only 20 Minutes away. Should be going both days. I'll play VGC unless I top cut and get really far into the tournament and cant play.

I still need dark energies :(!!!

14. meganium45

meganium45 New Member

Can't wait for this....only a few days away! Tymon, ready or NOT here we come!!!

Haven't been given my assignment as of yet, judge, runner, computer...whatever you NEED brother!!

Vince

15. totoro

totoro Active Member

Have fun, GA peeps. Really sorry that I'll be missing this!

16. EeveeLover

EeveeLover Member Services Administrator

Leaving at oh dark early on Friday to make the drive...

Gonna be a fun weekend!

17. LOLZ

LOLZ New Member

Looking forward to this weekend, see everyone in Athens!

18. Thatguy99

Thatguy99 New Member

Will there be any vendors on or off site to buy singles and supplies (sleeves,dice,etc.)? Looking forward to this weekend. Gonna be repping Texas!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  19. Alann

Alann New Member

Hope to see you guys there. I'll do both days like I said. I'll be wearing an Alfonse hat with a solrock sticker on it, look out for me!

also i got the dark energies now haha

20. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

Actually I'LL be repping Texas :thumb: I've been in this area for the longest :lol:. But bring that Texas spirit with you, the more Texans the better!