Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Georgia State Championships – March 9th, 2013

Gym Leader Blaine

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15
Georgia 2013 Pokémon State Championships

The Gaming Pit (Store has move to a NEW LOCATION!!!)
3700 Satellite Blvd Suite #7B (Mall Corners Shopping Area behind the subway and Lazar Quest)
Duluth, GA. 30096

Date: Saturday, March 9th, 2013

Time: Registration at 8:30 AM till 9:45 AM (You MUST be in line by 9:45am or you will receive a 1st round lost). The main tournament (swiss rounds) should last 5 to 6 hours.

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 2002 or later)/Seniors (born in 19987, 1999, 2000, or 2001)/Masters (born in 1997 or earlier)

Format: Every player will play at least 3 rounds of age-modified, swiss-style play. After the swiss rounds, finals will be single elimination. Players must bring their own 60 card Modified decks with deck list. Blank deck list will be provided at the tournament or you can go to www.pokemon.com for one. Modified decks include cards from any of the following sets: Black & White, BW: Emerging Powers, BW: Noble Victories, BW: Next Destinies, BW: Dark Explorers, BW: Dragons Exalted, BW: Boundaries Crossed, BW: Plasma Storm, plus BW Trainer Kit, and BW01 & higher promos If card has been reprinted in one of the sets mentioned above the older version can be used (i.e. Switch, Potion, etc).
Reminder: Players please remember to bring your POP ID#. If you are a new player and don't have one we can provide you one at the event. Also remember to bring your damage counters and burn/poison markers if your deck requires it.

Cost: FREE!!!

Prizes: All participants will receive a 2013 States promo card (while supplies last). Prizes have yet to be announced by The Pokémon Company, once they are announced I will update this post:

Door Prizes: We will have Door Prizes for each age group, check back later to see what they will be.

Will basic energy be provided/available? I don't know if I will be able to get more basic darkness energy in time for the tournament (not sure if I am even going, too) If not, I will be sure to hurry.

Will basic energy be provided/available? I don't know if I will be able to get more basic darkness energy in time for the tournament (not sure if I am even going, too) If not, I will be sure to hurry.

Tournament Staff only provides basic energy at prerelease tournaments. My advice is to show up at the start of registration and ask if any other players have energy for trade. Also you can buy products that contain basic energy.

The Following products come with basic Dark energy:

Next Destinies Theme Decks-
Voltage Vortex

Dark Explorers Theme Decks-
Raiders
Shadows

Dragons Exalted Theme Decks-
DragonSnarl

Plasma Storm Collection Box- (Contains 5 of each Basic energy)

OK. I was just wondering if it was available or not. I will be sure to buy some then. looking to get a Nightfall theme deck from HGSS or Raiders. Thanks!

Back