Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Get Low!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i have been noticing this continuing pattern of rare candy decks and low hp basics, so i thought that Omastar might be of some help......

so far this deck is 5-0 defeating ditto's Gardy deck, two Gardy EX decks, and a buddy of mine's deck of gyarados/roselia (which i think has yielded the biggest challenge as of yet)

so with its credentials out of the way here is the deck

4 omanyte SS
3 omastar SS
3 onix SS
3 Steelix 2 AQ/1SS (4 nrg is a lot for bench damage, so that's why i have that order)
1 lapras EX (used as a wall and for confusion)
1 azurill
1 marill
2 zigzagoon SS
2 linoone RS
-20-

8 water
4 steel
4 rainbow
-16-

4 copycat
2 research
2 birch
4 mysterious fossil
4 moomoo milk
3 warp point
2 balloon berry
1 HPS
1 net search
1 TV
-24-

well this deck seems to run smoothly, but for some odd reason, at times, it seems to stutter, just barely, but to us true players, we know when a card should be changed.

here are my ideas
-1 marill
-1 omanyte
+2 reporter/wally's training/birch/research

well that's my idea, but other cards could be taken out, but i like the style of this deck, and how i have been able to take multiple prizes in one turn (4 at the most, ASK DITTO about that!)

:D sorry mikey, i couldn't help myself, it was there

He whenever you wanna play against someone else IM me. I'm up for a game anytime. That is... If you have Apprentice.

Last edited:
I would take out Marril Azurill and Lapras for 3 SS Electabuzz. For (L)(C)(C) you can do 40 to any Pokemon. You may want to find room for Elekid too.
-Swampert

hmmmm interesting ideas

shdwchu, yeah i got apprentice, but i'm not on much, if i see you online, i'll give u a holla

swampert- well i like the idea of electabuzz, but i don't like the idea of 3 of them, maybe one or two, but 3?
also, to do that, i would have to sacrifice my needed rainbows for it, which i am not a fan of...
so i'd have to sacrifice more cards for lightning or multi nrgs.......... so i don't know about more than 1 of them

venusaur- hmmmmm............. well i'm not too sure about your fixes, for a couple reasons
1- potion over milks? i like the concept of possible 40 off, then again 0 off isn't too pleasing
2- 3 dunsparce???? i can't get fossils, and i would only be able to get onix and more dunsparce! and that's not a good idea
3- more supporters over zig/lin????? that doesn't make sense, with linoone, he helps defend against the new dragon (colorless weakness) decks out there.........

well i do like the idea of switching, but the others don't really seem to help the deck, instead they limit the capabilities of it..........

here are some of my ideas

-1 marill
-1 omanyte
+1 electabuzz
+1 research

well those are just IDEAS, not definites, but i need some more ideas that would help this deck run smoother

and for your information, our environment consists of numerous rogue decks and then the infamous GARDY EX

hmmmm....... well venusaur, i see your point about the 0 damage so i might switch them out, and i might switch the marill for another azurill

but i think R/S LINOONE is one of the most underrated cards around, it's versatility is so broad that only those that have played it realize it's potential

the problem with crystal shard is that most of the time, i wouldn't have a single pokemon that could ohko it, with the exception of a fully powered omastar............ linoone attacking is just a huge last second desperation act on my part.

the biggest anti dragon is omastar itself, since it can deevolve them, hopefully to it's basic form......

rare candies are the key to this deck!!!

Uhh... what dragons are powerful enough that you need to tech against them? Rayquazza maybe? That's about it...

Anyway. I think you can drop 2 rainbows. You don't want to have to power Steelix up w/o Metals, he'll get killed to easily.

That's about it.... and yeah, listen to jermy on the dropping of the Moo Moo Milks. Its just way more dependable, you know what you're getting out of a potion, so you can plan your moves ahead accordingly. Yes, moo moo can get you out of a bind w/ double heads, but on double tails, you're wasting a card.

nikePK said:
Uhh... what dragons are powerful enough that you need to tech against them? Rayquazza maybe? That's about it...

oy, thats like an insult to me :p lol no seriously, i agree on th potions/moo moo thing, id rather go secure than go on something dependable on flips. as an example,comparing nietales to exxegutor (or however you write it) in a blaziken deck, sure, eggs has advantage over SOME/FEW water type pokes, and can OHKO gardy on 2 flips, but it still is flips, tales can do damage for sure! eggs does a POSSIBLE 120 with 3 energys, but theres a low prob youll do that, on the other hand tales can do 90 damage for sure for 3 energy. Its basically the same on moo moo, if you want to risk it, do it then, but i think you will get more double tails than more double heads.

Last edited:
ok mudkip, where did that come from?????? ninetails and eggs????

DID I MISS SOMETHING????

well since we have been talking about this deck in DITTO's Scrambled eggs deck, i figured that there might be some tweaks to improve my beautiful deck

hmmm, well i have been toying around with this deck and some have told me that i should play aggron EX in this deck

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME THE BENEFITS OF THIS MOVE????

i just don't see the point in switching steelix out for AGGRON EX

will someone enlighten me on this situation?

aggron is better IMO, cause you KO your opponents pokemon faster for an extra energy, but to make ot truly effective, youd have to play furret, Omastar/Aggron/Furret doesnt sound bad at all, even Omastar/Steelix/Furret, but Aggron has more destructive power IMO.

does anyone have any ideas of what to change in order to make it an AGGRON EX deck????

i don't have the time to do it now, but if i don't hear from anyone, i will post a new version with aggron EX

so let me know what you think

ok enough of that AGGY EX/OMASTAR deck idea........... IT IS TOO friggin slow!!!!!!!

i have decided to keep it with steelix over AGGY........... sure it might do more to the active, but no matter what, runnin 2 stage 2's hasn't ever been a good idea

but i still need to work on this deck, and it seems to run just a little slow in my opinion.......

any suggestions of what to run with it, such as changing up the order of supporters????

delcatty isn't an option becasue i don't have the nrg to support the kitty

well let me know what u think

my 2 cents...

4 burried fossil
3 omanyte SS
3 omastar SS
3 onix SS
3 Steelix
3 zigzagoon SS
3 linoone RS
-22-

5 water
5 fighting
4 steel
2 cyclone
-16-

3 desert shaman
3 research
3 pokenav
2 master ball
4 oran berry
2 mr. briney
2 switch
2 mystery zones
1 TV
-22-

Last edited:
thanks to psyduck's genious in making this deck extremely fast, things seem to be running a lot quicker

but there seems to be something missing, i just can't seem to put my finger on it

let me know what you think

4 mysterious fossil
4 omanyte
3 omastar
3 onix
3 steelix (2 AQ 1 SS)
2 zigzagoon
2 linoone
1 azurill
1 lapras EX
1 marrill
-24-

4 rainbow
4 ateel
7 water
-15-

4 copycat
3 birch
3 oracle
1 research
2 net search
2 balloon
1 warp point
1 HPS
1 TV
3 moo moo milk
-21-

well let me know what u think

quick corrections for anyone paying attention

i did the following

-1 copycat
-1 research
+1 moomoo
+1 tv reporter

if anyone has an idea, let me know

here's my idea for the deck. I'll use what your original idea, but ill add in a few thoughts

-=23 Pokemon=-
4 Omanyte
3 Omastar
3 Onix
3 Steelix (1 AQ/2 SK/) (The skyridge one for a, somewhat, quicker set up on Steelix)
3 Zigzagoon
3 Linoone
2 Azuril (for Mysterious Fossil and any other Trainers)
2 Dunsparce (for the Basic pokemon)

-=16 Energy=-
8 Water
4 Metal
4 Rainbow

-=21 Trainer=-
4 Rare Candy
4 Potion
3 Copycat
3 Desert Shaman
3 Master Ball
2 Balloon Berry
2 Town Volunteers

Like I said, this is just my version of the entire Omastar/Steelix concept. I decided to add in the Skyridge version of Steelix for, like i said, a quicker set up for the steelix family (since you got a nice set up already for the Omastar). I dont know if this is to your liking, but hey, its just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back