Get your Hands Dirty! Fossil Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by MrMeches, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

So here is my idea:

Ode to the Stone!

P 18

3 Kabuto
    2 Kabutops PK
    2 Kabutops MD
    2 Aerodactyl MD
    2 Omanyte
    2 Omastar MD
    2 Baltoy
    2 Claydol
    1 Skarmory EX

Trainers 28

2 Bebe's Search
    4 Fossil Excavator
    3 Team Galactic Wager
    3 Professor Oak’s Visit
    3 Roseanne’s Research
    2 Rare Candy
    2 Old Amber
    4 Dome Fossil
    3 Helix Fossil
    2 Might Maintenance

Energy

3 Water
    7 Fighting
    4 Multi

General Idea is to get a Typical Turn 2 Tops PK doing Lure Antennae to disrupt the evolution set. Roseanne’s helps get Skex out turn 2 as well and this creates the issue of Retreating to evolve or sacing that basic! I know Candy and things get around it, but then Omastar MD forces the devolution so if they burn candy early, they are forced to evo naturally! Aerodactyl does Damage spread and once everything has damage on it form Luring Antennae, then MD Tops comes out to finish the job for the Star devolution again!! I chose Bebe's to help wiht Claydol but to also put an Omanyte or Kabuto back in and get the Stage 2 then you can attach and get the Stage 1 Back! I considered goin 3-3 Beb's Excavator do to Aerodactyl as well.. but have ot test it some more!

So that is my idea of a Fossil Lock deck and so far in apprentice, it does ok! The speed is there, but the consistency hurts a bit!!

Have Fun a Good Luck!!
    ~Prof. Fish~

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  2. proplay010

proplay010 New Member

good idea i figured fossil lock would run holon fossils though to speed it up even more and also theres always relicanth which for no energy search your deck for two trainers that have fossil in their name. then holon and get out aerodactyl lol

3. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

relicanth is nice, but you want the T2 Tops PK spreading damage around! I could see the use of Holon Fossil, but it just didnt make the final cut! Thankas for the ideas though!

4. charchar

charchar New Member

i like it but more rare candy?i know the stage 1s are beast but sometimes good comeback. 2 enough?

5. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

I was going off the premise of the fossils basically giving you an auto evo wiht their body. I cna see mid game or late game needing that quick candy.... but I dunno..

6. yugioh duelist

yugioh duelist New Member

i woul sugest holon fossil

7. Rambo1000

Rambo1000 New Member

god imagine kabutops last format with cursed stone!

8. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

+1 zapdos
    Drop it, flip heads, and then win.

9. charchar

charchar New Member

sometimes but not always. it helps add damage for kabutops but if u get tails its sort of useless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.