GIANT Texas Tournament 12-7-03!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Cyrus, Oct 25, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

POKEMON TOURNAMENT
    Texas Game Company

Date: Sunday, December 7th
    Time: 12 Noon. Be there by 11:30 AM to sign in. Be prepared to stay until 5PM
    Place: Texas Game Company (next to Braum's)
    East Main St in Allen
    Entry Fee: Five Bucks.
    Tournament Format: Unlimited Swiss
    A FULL BOX of Pokemon cards or more!

Directions: Off 75 take the McDermott exit and head East, continuing on East Main until you get to Braum's.
    From Route 5 and Jupiter road, head east on East Main St until you get to Braum's.

For those of you unfamiliar with Swiss, that means you will be playing four-five rounds. A win is worth 3 points, a tie is worth 2, and a loss is worth 1. Those with the most points are these rounds will move to the finals.

After the Swiss we will take the top 4-8 qualifiers (Depending on number of entries) and continue with either sealed deck or booster draft with the cards from the main prize. In the finals, the winner adds the cards of the person he eliminated to create a new deck to play with. Winner take all! There will be plenty of second, third, and fourth place prizes to go around, too, not to mention prizes just for entering!

Sanctioning is still pending,but that's CERTAINLY what we're leaning towards!
    ~Patriarch

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003
  2. Cyrus

Humble forgiveness, but I must commit the sin of bumping. My Texas friends see again!

3. Prof. Douglas Zuver

Prof. Douglas Zuver New Member

Furret wanders pasts, pauses and wishes those living deep in the heart of Texas Good Luck!

4. TOPDOG

TOPDOG New Member

OK EVERYONE
    DON'T MISS OUT ON THE BIGGEST EVENT IN TEXAS

CREATIVE GIFT BASKETS
    1717 E. SPRING CREEK PKWY PLANO, TEXAS

EXDRAGON PRERELEASE ON SUNDAY 16TH AT 12:30
    BIG BIG PRIZES ALL DAY
    DON'T BE LEFT BEHIND

REGISTER TODAY
    972-633-9396

STORE WILL OPEN AT 10:00
    :D :D :D :D

5. farbsman

farbsman New Member

You have always been able to sanction Unlimited tournaments. With DCI and POP

6. Cyrus

RE TOPDOG: I still can't get over how well the Dragon Prerelease went! Gives me goosebumps. But now, I need some help to make this event big as well! I'm glad to've introduced Joe/his family, Matt, and Johnathan to our Plano buddies at such successful events. However, we need to make the aid a little mutual, so could you kinda spread the word about our tourny? I know it's going to be BIG if we get support! (I still, still, still, STILL can't get over how many people were there...)

RE Farbsman: This topic is slightly old, so I need to edit it.

RE bkminnis: Myself and Joe will try hard to get this done. However, POP's still been a little shaky with the sanctioning. I doubt this one will be sanctioned, but the next one certainly will be!

Quote of the Day: "Glory is Fleeting"

Last edited: Nov 16, 2003
  7. Cyrus

I don't know...We very well might be able to! Also, I just edited with the flier quote our Gym Leader made!

8. Master Professor Birch

Master Professor Birch Active Member

:nonono: Ah, my little friend, Patriarch....."Ask and you shall receive"!!!! Your good OLD friend, Master Professor Birch could very well make this happen for you guys, north of Dallas. I could SANCTION your December 7th tournament for you guys. I would have to have FULL control of the "Tournament Report". We will talk soon and if we (Patriarch, MPB, & TGC) can agree; then it is a done deal!!!!! :thumb:

Until then, take care, Patriarch.

:pokeball: :pokeball: Master Professor Birch
    :pokeball: :pokeball:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003
  9. Cyrus

Darnit! Band gets in the way...again *Christmas parade, methinks*. While I myself won't be able to attend the event, I'll work close with you and Joe (our gym leader, NOT DratiniJoe of the boards) to get it sanctioned...for the people! Mwahaha. :D

Well, one way or another, I'll see if I can attend any of the thing. We might go early, so...I could enter late!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003
  10. Master Professor Birch

:rolleyes: Christmas Parade, on Sunday???? No, no my little Patriarch, you can run no more!!!! You will be there at your tournament at "Texas Game Co." on Sunday, December 7th along with Master Professor Birch!!!!! NO BAND, NO CHRISTMAS PARADE on Sunday!!!!! :eek:

Later Dude.

:pokeball: :pokeball: Master Professor Birch
    :pokeball: :pokeball:

11. Cyrus

Richard, it's quite complicated, but I'll be there just about every second I can! However, Allen is a sick, twisted version of the true world...And that's sayin' something!

EDIT: Sorry about that BDS. Just haven't spoken to CRC in a while. The warning's understood completely by both sides.
    ~Pat

Last edited: Nov 20, 2003
  12. Master Professor Birch

:p Ahhhhh!!!! Why didn't you say this in the beginning??? Now, I KNOW everything that I ever had want to know why you are the way you are....."Twisted little version of a person that you are". I always thought that you were something from a comic book character. Now the truth is out my little Patriarch friend. :eek:

:nonono: Now you have me writing like some kind of freak!!!! Oh well....Until then, take care.

:pokeball: :pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball: :pokeball:

PS: I still will not sign that stupid holographic Lightning Energy Card!!!!
    :lol:

13. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

I'm not sure what's going on lately, but people seem to think this is more of a chat room than a message board. The function of the PokeGym is supposed to be to post messages that are informative and interesting to the Community in general, not just one person. We certainly will make exceptions from time to time, for a post now and then, BUT not multiple posts or a running conversation!!! Take it to AIM or some other forum designed for chatting. There was another post that got locked recently for this very same problem. Get back on track please. This is your one and only warning.

BDS

14. Dratini_Joe3

Dratini_Joe3 New Member

After the Swiss we will take the top 4-8 qualifiers (Depending on number of entries) and continue with either sealed deck or booster draft with the cards from the main prize. In the finals, the winner adds the cards of the person he eliminated to create a new deck to play with. Winner take all! There will be plenty of second, third, and fourth place prizes to go around, too, not to mention prizes just for entering!

In the past, the booster drafts have been a blast and really challenge the players to come up with a strategy using the cards they get! (Although I am typically unlucky at drafting!) Hope we will get a good turn out. With all the admission fees going directly to prizes, the more who show up, the better the booster draft and prizes will be!

Patriarch, Any updates on sanctioning the tournament?

-Dratini_Joe3

15. Cyrus

It's highly unlikely, to think of it. I think it's kinda obvious that GL Joe/Cindy...well, rejected Richard's offer, from the response this previous Sunday. Plus, store/GL/POP contact is very messed up. I tell ya that I doubt I'll be able to come down as often if sanctioning isn't put in, 'cause I really gotta do something about my dead-low rating.

Rest assured, while there's a good deal of irony that I won't be able to come to the tournament due to the Allen X-mas parade, I want to see TGC's tourny do well, and will continue to advertise coming tournaments for it. Can you PM me a turnout count when it's all said and done?

Oh yes, and the drafts/sealed plays are indeed VERY fun.
    Come to think of it, I've never placed lower than 3rd in any limited Pokemon tourny I've been in. Then again, I think I just get lucky ;)

~Patriarch

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003