Global ranking: only limited games count for it.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Rainbowgym, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

There is something weird with the rankings.
    Your points gained at limited format are the only ones counting for the global ranking.
    So if you raise in the modified ranking(by winning any modified tournament) those points are not added for you global ranking.
    Points gained in a modified tournament do count for you global modified ranking,
    But should global ranking not be only modified or a mix of modified,unlimited and limited (but certanly not only your limited tournament points.

I told this to some professors overseas and through international each prof /TO can get acces to the ranking overview.
    As almost all people know overhere, PUI will not believe me if I mail them and tell them this isn't the way it should be, so meaby someone else will do this. (at least if you also find this is not correct).

For my players I would like to see a agegroep ranking.
    My best player is in the world top10 modified, but she is only 10 years old and in my eyes you can't compare that with a 15+.
    This is only an issue of adding birthdates to a players name and that would not give much impact on any privacy laws I think.
    Also a searchable datebase with all player with their POP ID should improve the OP environment.
    There should be no issue about privacy because when you have a POP ID your name is already public in the rankinglist. (why else should you have got a POP ID?)
    This would avoid double names and to much ID given out.

Please look at the rankingsystem and if you also find this is not correct, email to anyone at POP/PUI
    I can't because:

I'm the MAD DUTCH PROFESSOR with a club of 100 player, who will never get acces to the league program and is going to be removed as TO because I reveal to much of the "mistakes" made by the distributor and meaby in this case even by POP/PUI.

Li@

2. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

The ranking system is under revision according to POP. I beieve they're reprogramming everything from the ranking system to TMS, this according to my PTO who talked with Nintendo people at the GAMA Las Vegas show last week. So, any evaluation of the current ranking system is premature. I expect to see something better in the near future, at least before the end of June when invites go out to the Top 16 for Worlds.

3. SteveP

SteveP Active Member