Go ahead and lock

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Dunsparce Fan 206, Jun 7, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Dunsparce Fan 206

Dunsparce Fan 206 New Member

So I was wondering, say you use Golduck's attack Encore and pick one of the defending pokemon's attacks. Now say your opponent attaches a call energy to their pokemon on their turn. Can they use the 'attack' (I know it's not technically one) on call energy or are they only allowed to use the attack that you selected (unless they decide to do nothing for their attack phase that turn.) Also, what happens if Golduck selects an attack that they don't have the right energy to use on that turn? (I'm guessing they just have to skip the attack phase or switch pokemon.) Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  2. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

You answered your own question.....call energy is not an attack, so you can do the search for basics and then that ends your turn. You dont have to attack during your turn. Encore only makes you use a certain atk IF you attack the next turn w. that poke active. Remember also, if you go to the bench, warp point out, etc, then the effect goes away and any attack could be used then.

Keith

3. Dunsparce Fan 206

Dunsparce Fan 206 New Member

Alright, well then case closed I guess. Thanks Lawman and admins you can go ahead and lock this.