gOLDHatter (Golduck/Xatu)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER

OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER New Member

with that deck Duck X-ing being posted.. I figured that we should release gOLDHatter, created by OSP and Madhatter

POKEMON: 16
    3 Xatu SW
    3 Natu SW
    4 Golduck SW
    4 Psyduck SW
    1 Flareon*
    1 Skarmory ex

TRAINERS: 30
    4 PlusPower
    2 Team Galactic's Wager
    3 Team Galactic's Mars
    2 Prof. Oak's Visit
    2 Hamana's Search
    2 Pokédex HANDY910is
    4 Energy Removal 2
    4 Quick Ball
    2 Celio's Network
    2 Strength Charm
    2 Castaway
    2 Super Scoop Up

ENERGY: 14
    5 Water Energy
    5 Psychic Energy
    4 Multi

Strategy, start with psyduck, and try to get t2 golduck while setting up xatu on bench. Confuse your self then move it to them nxt turn. Flareon* tech its always fun to burn people.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  2. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

-1 flareon*
    + 1 TGW.

3. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

I think that 10 Supporters isn't enough. SSUs to the Celio's.

4. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

OSP is at a prerelease so..
    BBC: I play Flareon*.. I move my condition away.
    Ra2xse: SSU's are for the Flareon*

5. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

Haha, I thought of this a couple days ago too, looked like it would be a pretty fun deck. Probably not the new tournament sweeper, but it sure is nice confusing people every turn. :p

6. NidoPrince

NidoPrince New Member

Now the FRLG Haunter makes sense!

Lol... I like the Flareon *.... And the confusion to make Blissey burn through her Warps quicker...

Nice Idea!

7. Kimppa

Kimppa New Member

SPoilers ?? ?What does golduck?

8. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

Mamba: itd be cool if this could end up being tourney caliber
    nido: lol and thank
    kimppa: 40 for 2, if you want to do 60, Golduck is confused

9. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

I wouldn't mind seeing it end up tourney, but 60+confuse doesn't seem like enough of a damage output to me.

Your only ways to get basics out are Quick Ball and Celio... Roseanne's would be a good play in this deck, really help the consistency with getting the T2 Duck/Xatu out. 2 SSU is a waste of space, and I don't think you need 4 Mars in this deck for it to work. Might want to try a couple Holon WP's as well. free retreats and nothing except damage is nice.

10. OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER

Thanks Josh for stepping in while I was gone :thumb:

mamba- ssu comes in handy, ino 2 but it is still good. 4 mars is for the disruption which is pretty much what this deck is, annoiance. 60 + confuse is not enough damage, that is why i maxed out on pp and 2 charm.

11. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

i wanted to play this deck when i first saw the scans for shining darkness, it looks like it has some promise, but a low damage max, which is too bad.

12. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

This deck will be more capable of dealing damage if you put in Lake Boundary. Plenty of stuff's weak to Psychic. Plenty of stuff's going to be weak to Water (Should Magmortar see the play it finally deserves). This Lake boundary will make a difference, me thinks. (Gives more damage vs Lucario and a knock out against Magmar, Chimchar, Monferno, Cyndaquil, and Quilava with Golduck)

13. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

SSU would come in handy in a lot of decks, but running 2 in a deck that hardly abuses it is a waste of space. Golduck won't be taking more than 1 hit from any real competition, so the slots can be better used IMO. Mars is a decent disruption card, but Wager is usually the better play in a deck that isn't getting rid of more than that one card in a turn.

-1 Mars
    -2 SSU

+3 Roseanne

Just try it... I think it will help.

14. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

This deck needs more (+1) skarmory EX.

15. OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER

updated list, thanks for the skarm idea, cant believe hatter and I forgot >.>

16. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

What did you take out?

17. NidoPrince

NidoPrince New Member

I may want to try this list out. I will give all credit to you guys if it bodes well...

18. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

^it wont...

-3 Mars
    +2 Oak's Visit
    +1 Energy(psy or water)

In 5 games since the list change, ive NEVER played the Skarmory : /

19. lolganium

lolganium New Member

this deck will rely on 1 element to survive considering the low damage output...and thats trainers. er2's, warp point, crystal beach, cess...wait, a power, theres a problem. crystal beach is golden, so i'm not sure that there should be 3 beach 3 battle frontier. mainly cause crystal beach is really good.

cessation crystal is the other one, it's the most effective trainer going on right now, and the inability to use it makes problems.
    er2 is a definate, warp point is alo a must, TGW is a must, TGM is another, disrupt the opponent as much as possible. oh, and umbreon*, more disruption.

i'm deffinatly gonna work on golduck, but i think it seems to just help banette best right now.
    just my take on this.

20. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

Skarmory is interesting but a nasty target for the sniping / pull up decks. I'm wondering if DRE could be more useful than Multi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.