Good counter-Alakazam/Flygon ex/Dewgong

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Pidgeotto Trainer, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

So I tested this for a while for regs and it was pretty good, but I recently found something better. It's still a really cool idea I think though so I thought I might as well share it:

Pokemon 28
    3 Pachirisu
    4 Holon's Castform
    4 Trapinch d
    2 Vibrava d
    3 Flygon d hp
    2 Flygon ex d
    2 Abra
    2 Alakazam
    2 Seel d
    2 Dewgong
    1 Baltoy
    1 Claydol
    Trainers 22
    4 Celio's Network
    4 Roseanne's Research
    3 Oak's Visit
    2 Steven's Advice
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Lake Boundary
    2 Night Maintenance
    Energy 10 (you have Castforms too)
    4 Water
    6 Psychic

Basically, Flygon ex d is really, really good vs GG, but pretty bad vs Magmortar. It needs a water tech. Mew d* needs 3 Fire with Boundary, and you can only play one of it so it's really hard to rely on. (you could still tech one, but space is tight) Dewgong actually works very well. You have a delta basic so Flygon hp attaches to it, and it isn't weak to Lightning. I don't know about you guys, but Electivire is actually a semi-popular rogue in the Northwest, so that was important for me when I was looking for water techs, especially considering your only counter gym is Lake Boundary, so you'll be really weak to Lightning.
    Now normally the deck can get basically overpowered by like Firestarters or decks like Gatr. That's where Alakazam comes in. Alakazam is just a great counter to the format. Really, you only need to use it a few times a game, just enough to win. You basically get a feel for how often that is.
    Pachirisu deals with Cessation Crystal, and is great for just more consistancy. Claydol is obv for support.
    The deck is 5-2 vs GG and 4-2 vs Mag so far for me. I only tested it for a couple days so maybe you guys can make it better. LMK what you think.

2. piñata

piñata New Member

make room for another claydol line probally take out 1 flygon hp and 1 castform

3. rhodesia123

rhodesia123 New Member

April Foolz!

4. Kenshin's Garde

Kenshin's Garde New Member

yeah i am so far 10-1 with this deck vs gg. it's amazing.

5. Pokeric

Pokeric New Member

-4 Celio's Network
    -1 Roseanne's Research

+3 Bebe's Search
    +1/1 Claydol

And as far as draw power goes, you might want to consider going with Island Hermit to really mess up G&G so they have no draw to Tele-Pass

6. elekid_957

elekid_957 New Member

pokemon:23
    4 holon castform
    4-2-3 fly EX
    2 fly D
    2-0-2 alakazam
    2-2 claydol

energy:
    4 D rainbow
    1 scramble
    7 phychic