Goodbye

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Events Worldwide' started by TheGame, Nov 25, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. TheGame

TheGame New Member

Hi guys, just a quick note to all the UK profs, TO's and players. Just thought I'd let you all know that I am quitting the game of Pokemon! The Norwich league and all its tournaments (depending on the UK getting some sort of organized play again!) will continue in the able hands of Nigel Sturman. I have felt more and more disillusioned with the state of Pokemon in this country (and particularly OP ) with nothing new to give or tell the players my league has dwindled to just a handful of diehard players ( you know who you are and I take my hat off to you!) and to be honest the "magic" and "sparkle" have just gone out of the game of Pokemon! It no longer gives me the "buzz" anymore. Myself and my son Shaun have been involved in the game for many years now- pretty much back to the times of Fossil! Will miss the friendship and camararadie but now feel the game has "lost its way" So in the words of Fall Out Boy- Thanks for the Memories!! Cheers,

Martin

2. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Best wishes :(

3. Freddy K.

Freddy K. New Member

=( Best of luck to yourself and Shaun, sad to see you guys go... =(

Will we ever see you at an event again?

-fK

4. Kempley05

Kempley05 New Member

That's a real shame Martin, if ever you both wanted to get back into the game you'll always be welcome. Best of luck for the future.

5. TheGame

TheGame New Member

Thanks guys! We may "pop up" now and again but only on a very casual basis. My post wasn't a rant against the state of Pokemon but I honestly feel that the magic has gone and it's nearing the end of it's "shelf life". Also with Nintendo's/PUI/Esdevium's apparent total apathy and disinterest with the state of Organized Play in the UK I feel it is a good time to move on and just enjoy the many great memories that it has given Shaun and myself!

6. Jigglypuff666

Jigglypuff666 New Member

It going to be sad on Friday, expecting you to turn up, then realising that you won't. You have been a brilliant Judge, TO and league organizer, and I wish you good luck in whatever you do from now on.

7. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

I dont know you personally, but it is always sad to see a valued Member of our International Family disembark. If there are things you need that could sway you, please PM me and I would be more than willing to do what I could!

GL in your future endeavors!!

~Prof. Fish~
    TO League Leader

8. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Sad indeed to see such a long standing player, to and league leader go -

Martin it is a shame you are leaving when we may have some encouraging news soon - but I understand your frustration at an apparent lack of action.

I don't want to hijack the post so I won't but we may need to call on our International Cousins again for help if the UK does not get an OP Manager soon.

It is sad to see you go Martin - good luck and I hope we see you in the future playing for fun and remembering the good bits :D

9. Russfierce

Russfierce New Member

Martin

Very sad to see you go - I would like to wish both you and Shaun all the best of luck for the future and hope maybe one day we will meet again!

You will be missed!

Russ :frown:

10. TheGame

TheGame New Member

Simon, I will be there on Friday to say my goodbyes and I will pop up now and again. Thanks everyone for your show of support and your understanding- it hasn't been an easy decision!!

11. PokemonSteve

PokemonSteve New Member

Martin, thats such bad news. It sad to hear one of the (Pokémon) Family. You maybe leaving Pokémon but you won't be leaving our family.
    I've known you only for a few years and rarely see you, only maybe twice a year but you have made a big impact on me in this time. I would like to thank you for this.
    We all wish you and shaun best of luck with everything in the future and wish shaun lots of luck in his future matches.

:thumb:

P.S. Sorry so hear you go again. :frown:

12. amphyrules

amphyrules New Member