Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Grass Deck (EX-ON)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't come up with a good name for this one yet, which is suprising for me. :)

Pokemon (24)
4 Wurmple
3 Cascoon
2 Dustox
2 Treecko 75 (Only got 2 of the other one unfortunately)
2 Treecko 76
2 Grovyle 31
1 Grovyle 32
1 Sceptile 11
1 Sceptile 20
4 Koffing R&S
2 Weezing R&S

Trainers (14)
3 PokeNav
3 Potion
2 Professor Birch
3 Switch
3 Wally's Training

Energy (22)
22 Grass

[Edit] Opps, forgot the energy. :)

Last edited:
Sceptile AND Dustox? Focus on one, drop the other. Both are good Pokemon to focus a deck on, but two Stage 2's make speed problems.

Oh i know how about some energy cards? You do have 22 open spots.....

Actually Rare Candy would be helpful. And of course Professor Elm.

Just generally speaking I'd try to go with a couple less Pokemon and open up the deck to more Trainers (and you don't need 22 energy** - especially if you have all Grass-type pokemon)

**okay, you didn't say "22 energy"... :p

BJJ763 and RainbowRichards both gave good suggestions. Generally, any deck does better when it has a good amount of draw power and deck searching. Also, as I said earilier, try to focus on either Dustox or Sceptile, dropping the other. In this case, I would lean toward Dustox, simply to be doing something different, and because the line has fewer singles. Good partners for Dustox include Illumise and Volbeat. You might also consider splashing in some Sneasel ex's or Mewtwo ex's, to counter the Psychic Weakness. Just as a general tip, I've found that a Pokemon/Trainer/Energy ratio of 18/24/18 seems to work well in an E-on deck -- the same may be true of an Exon deck.

OK, I've redone the deck.

Pokemon (21)
2 Treecko 75 (Only got 2 of the other one unfortunately)
2 Treecko 76
2 Grovyle 31
1 Grovyle 32
1 Sceptile 11
1 Sceptile 20
4 Koffing R&S
2 Weezing R&S
4 Ekans SS
2 Arbok SS

Trainers (17)
3 PokeNav
3 Potion
2 Professor Birch
3 Rare Candy
3 Switch
3 Wally's Training

Energy (22)
22 Grass

Now, I'm not worrying about the Best of Promos right now for 2 reasons. First, if the format DOES end up being EX-ON, I don't think it would be that likely that the Best of Promos will be included. Second, most of the people at my League are new. R&S was their first set. They would be hard pressed to actually get stuff like Elms and I don't have extras to trade (only found 4 besides the 4 that are in one of my old decks that I often loan out to people who don't have decks built yet).

Currently, I'm having 2 different formats with my League: Unlimited and EON without the Best of Promos. But if you look at the "EON" decks at my League, all but mine and one other guy's are really EX-ON and the two of us who actually have any cards for the Wizards e-sets only have a few. The biggest difference between my decks and most of the other's decks was that I had trainers like Fisherman, Bill's Maintanance, and Forest Guardian. But that's usually big enough to make a difference. So, to make things fairer for my League, I'm going to make the second format EX-ON when the new session starts up Saturday, which is why I'm in the process of converting my decks from halfassed EON to EX-ON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back