Great Trades Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting and Card Price Discussion' started by Dragonflames1994, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Dragonflames1994

Dragonflames1994 New Member

This thread is for posting all the great trades you have made.
    THIS IS NOT A TRADING THREAD; IT IS A THREAD ABOUT GREAT TRADES YOU HAVE MADE.
    Now that I got that out of the way....post away!

I made a great trade yesterday at my local league. The owner of the store had a Crobat Prime for sale that I had been considering buying, so I sat down at a table to think about it. It just so happened that right then a kid came up to be and asked me if I had any Vespiquen UD or Leafeon UD. I just so happened to have extras of both, so I took them out of my binder to show him. "I'll give you my Crobat Prime for both." he said. So I walked away with the Crobat Prime I had been wanting, for just two regular rares! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
  2. baby mario

baby mario Front Page Article Editor<br><a href="http://pokeg

The line between a 'great trades' and 'kids I have ripped off' thread is very thin.

Maybe non-existent.

3. Dragonflames1994

Excuse me, but the kid offered the trade, it's not like I said "Hey kid, I'll trade you this awesome vespiquen and leafeon for that so-so Crobat Prime."

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  4. baby mario

baby mario Front Page Article Editor<br><a href="http://pokeg

LOL, you think that was an insult?

You need a thicker skin for when you connect to the internet. You also need to stop taking things personally.

I never mentioned your trade (hey, at least the cards the kid got were playable).

I said that a thread where people post 'great trades' can easily become a thread where people boast about rip offs.

5. Dragonflames1994

I suppose it could, now that I think about it. I mostly meant it to be a thread about trades that were good for you but not ripping anyone off either. Like "I traded my spare Scizor Prime for a legend piece I needed!".

6. LauraKitazawa

LauraKitazawa New Member

I like the idea of this thread. :)
    I'm a collector of Pikachu cards from all over, and made a trade here online for a very cute little Pikachu ☆*, in French!
    I traded Kingdra Prime, RH Rare Candy UL, RH Expert Belt and RH Jumpluff HGSS for it, and he's now in the front page of my Pikachu binder. :D
    I like foreign Piakchus, but the idea of a foreign ☆* never crossed my mind because I thought it'd be so difficult to get. :3

7. platapierule

platapierule New Member

I traded a lugia and ho-oh legend for an uxie x, back before it was 70 dollars...

8. Porii Sames

Porii Sames Active Member

I traded 10 WOTC promo Enteis for a Uxie X.

Best day of my life.

9. Zard1111

Zard1111 New Member

I traded my lp claydol, poke radar, and 2 rosies for 2 e-belt and 2 bts and in this rotation

10. mochi

mochi New Member

My kids traded away two Donphan Primes from their deck for a Lucario Lv.X and a promo Feraligater Prime (which we already have a bunch of) at a league. It was the first time they went alone with mom - I was out of town. I wasn't too happy when I heard about that but then breathed a sigh of relief to realize that they didn't trade away anything more valuable...I had just put in a Uxie X as well as finishing a DialgaChomp deck for them.

Also, my first time ever at a league I traded away Alph Two for three RH common cards for collection purposes. So my trade history is not so great either :)

Lastly, at that same league, someone came by to look at our trade binder and even though we couldn't work out a trade he just gave us one of the cards we needed (a RH common) just because he had an extra. The value wasn't that much but I thought it was an extremely generous gesture to someone he just met.

11. amphachu

amphachu New Member

A guy asked for my Rayquaza/Deoxys Legend, and I told him all he had that I liked was 1 of is Uxie Lv.Xs, so I offered to sell it to him for $20, but said nah, and handed me the Uxie. 0.o

12. waynegg

waynegg CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator

My recent great trade:

I sent
    Luxray GL LV.X
    Leafeon LV.X
    2 RH DCE
    2 RH Looker's Investigation
    RH Pokemon Communication
    6 RH Professor Oak's New Theory

I get
    Victory Medals
    2006-2007 SPRING
    2008-2009 AUTUMN
    2008-2009 SPRING
    2009-2010 AUTUMN
    2009-2010 SPRING
    2010-2011 AUTUMN

Like baby mario said :nonono:

13. Clearea Vystein

Clearea Vystein Active Member

Blaziken FB Lv. X
    Staraptor FB Lv. X
    Donphan Prime
    Skymin Lv. X Promo

for $20.

Yer yer yer yer.

14. Kraai

Kraai New Member

Shaymin Land Forme Lvl X

$5

Sorry store. You put it in the $5 binder. I ain't payin more and I didn't.
    Feels good man.

15. soxrcol

soxrcol Active Member

right as the clerk was putting a dialga g x in ....
    I was like hey I'll buy that :D

3 bucks for dgx lol

16. Luxray13

Luxray13 New Member

I got a garchomp c x none promo for 8 bucks :) pokemonforver sells them cheap

17. grassmaster239

grassmaster239 New Member

I traded a blacken fb x and evire fb x for a lux x.

I also traded my mewtwo x promo rh mewtwo ms and legend box for an opened great ball mat

18. nagareboshima

nagareboshima New Member

My friend at brs traded a blaziken fb and crobat prime for luxray lv x. The guy he traded to new the value i guess he just honestly didnt care

19. platapierule

platapierule New Member

Sorry to burst your bubble, thats not really a great deal. I found mine for 3.50

20. Zombievette1981

Zombievette1981 New Member

league butterfree for an uxie x

uxie x for worlds staff card 08

dce and poke radar for shaymin x sky form