Greatest Junior Player Ever? The debate gets tougher.

Discussion in 'World Championships' started by meganium45, Aug 19, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Congrats to the Junior who won this year...and oh, by the way, he is the 2007 National Champion, and finished well in 2008 Nats...

This leads me to a debate...who has been the GREATEST Junior in the History of the Game to date??

Tristan...Worlds 1st 2008, Nats 1st 2007, 2nd (thanks Dav!) 2008

Curran..Worlds 1st 2005, Nats 1st 2005 (World T4 2008 as a SENIOR)

Hiroki Y (JP)...Worlds 1st 2006, Worlds 2nd 2007

I do not know of any of Hiroki's titles in Japan, but have a tough time putting him low in these rankings.

I am not going to Cloud this with any Regionals or other titles. Nationals, Worlds, that is all.

I am going to make it easy on myself. These are the 3 best Juniors in History in my opinion.

Vince

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  2. Professor Dav

Professor Dav Master Trainer

Tristan was US champ in '07, and 2nd place at Nats '08, followed up of course by his win at worlds this weekend. Pretty spectacular.

Dave

3. Muskeet

Muskeet New Member

I would have to go with:

1 Tristan (barring results of Hiroki in JP such as their Nationals)

2 Hiroki (JP) (If he topped a nats in JP i would be obligated to move him to 1 and Tristan to 2)

3 Curran

4. rerisenphoenix

rerisenphoenix New Member

I've gotta cast my vote for Hiroki. 1st at Worlds followed up with a 2nd place finish the next year, that can only be topped by Ness's 2 titles.

5. EeveeLover

EeveeLover Member Services Administrator

I have to go with Tristan - he is not only a great player, but a great person all around.

If you were to list all his championship wins, it would be quite the list. But he can be beaten - ask his little sister. She got him a a NM City last year. That was probably his best / toughest loss ever.

6. cloud9

cloud9 New Member

You forgot Jun Hasabe

7. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Jun was good, but he's not as good as Tristan.

I played Tristan, he's just...incredible.

^ copied my quote.

8. Me ten years ago

:cool:

9. PokeDaddy

PokeDaddy New Member

Is this a poll? If so, hmmm....

The greatest Junior? My son. Why? Cause I love him and he has wonderful SotG.

I think that all the juniors who play this game are the best.

Skills wise, don't feel comfortable voting.....

10. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Not a poll, just an observation.

Go mod your own section :tongue:

(Just kidding Steve, Love 'ya)

I wanted to point out the 3 Power Juniors over the last few years that deserved recognition.

People were way too happy to point out Ness (the greatest Pokemon TCG player of all time now, HANDS DOWN, multiple Worlds Titles) and I wanted to point out the "Power Piglets" and give them props.

I didn't say they were my favs...I have 4 to choose from...but wanted to give these Juniors a spotlight in the sun!!!

Vince

Please give me more information on Jun.

Curran is the first "Power Junior" to resurface as a "Power Senior"

11. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

To see someone be able to make the transfer to divisions like that...is impressive. There are many differences between the three. This is where Curran fits in very well I think.

12. Tego

Tego New Member

Hiroki Yano won Worlds 2006, then went back to Worlds 2007 and lost only once twice: in the Swiss rounds (against Norway's Vy L, sister of Khanh L) and then in the finals. After finishing second at Worlds, he went back to Japan and won Japanese Nationals within a few weeks. I don't know about his other Nationals finishes, but I wouldn't be surprised if he won Japan Nats several times in the past.

13. DeathBerry

DeathBerry New Member

Hiroki gets my vote. ;D a 1st. a 2nd. at Worlds and a Nationals champ? That pretty much ties it up.

14. Lil_Magma

Lil_Magma Member

Curran won Nats AND Worlds in 1 year

there's my vote

15. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

I'm biased. Of course it's Tristan. He won with a rogue deck that Adrian/Ian showed him the day before Worlds.

But hey, is Michael Phelps the best athlete in the world?

Everything is subjective. But there's no doubt that Tristan has shined these past two years. He's definately ready for SRs.

16. Muskeet

Muskeet New Member

If Hiroki won Nats then yeah even though i'm bias'd to Tristan being a localer with him I'd have to say on achievements alone Hiroki may be the better with Tristan in a VERY close 2nd

17. rroaryh

rroaryh New Member

curran gets my vote, aging up is tricky and he has adapted well

18. Serebii1997J

Serebii1997J New Member

Man, that's hard. I'm going to say Yano, to Top 2 two Worlds and get a top 32 this year is amazing.

19. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

I say tristan. 4 times in a row competing in worlds, missed top cut barely last year. Won sooo many tournmanets, won worlds with a ROGUE, 1 st at nats, 2nd at nats. This kid is sooo good.

And i'm just letting you know, Trsitan is probably the most modest, down to earth pokemon player you'll ever meet. He never talks about when he wins, and if so always is like, it was close, he was good. This and that. And if he loses, he admits, and doesn't make excuses. He'll never brag, and will never even talk about his wins unless you ask him. I think that's a good point about him.

20. Muskeet

Muskeet New Member

Yes Tristan is a very modest and humble player which says alot for his character

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.