Greenville, NC Battle Road 6/1

Discussion in 'Battle Roads' started by Dark_Mewtwo, May 19, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Dark_Mewtwo

Dark_Mewtwo New Member

Greenville, NC Battle Road 6/1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greenville, NC Battle Road

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please join us for a day of great Pokemon play!

103 Eastbrook Dr
    Greenville, NC 27858

From West of Greenville, NC area: I-40 West to I-440 E/ US-64 E (exit 301). Merge onto US-264 E toward NC-97/ Wilson/ Greenville. US-264 E becomes Stantonsburg Rd. Turn right onto W Arlington Blvd. Turn left onto US-264 ALT/ Greenville Blvd SE/ NC-43. Turn right onto Eastbrook Dr.

Date: 6/1/2008
    Registration @ 11:00 am
    Round One @ 12:00 pm
    Late players will be given losses for the rounds they missed- no exceptions. Show up, even if you will be late- remember, Premier events are free; you have nothing to lose! Late entry does not affect your Premier Rating.

Contacts:
    Randy Miller

Format: Modified-Constructed (Holon Phantom on)
    There will be deck checks. Make sure your deck is Modified-legal the first time.
    Click here to see what sets you may use for your deck.

If you don't have enough Modified-Legal cards, remember, this is a retail venue: buy some! If you are having trouble, please talk with tournament staff. They will be make sure you're good to go.

Tournament Style: Age Modified Swiss

Admission: Free!

Prizes:
    -Battle Road Promo Card++
    -Door prizes. You could get prizes just for being there.
    -This is a Premier Event so you will be playing for a Premier Rating.

Make sure you come with:
    -Legal deck (modified format)
    -Damage counters and coins (or dice) for coin-flipping

Additional Info: Don’t forget to be there on time and don’t forget your POP ID#. If you haven’t become a POP member yet, come early so we can sign you up and give you a POP ID#. Membership is free. If you have any questions about this tournament, post in this thread or PM me.

2. mca3

mca3 New Member

Thanks, Randy for the Heads up, I am going to try to swing down that way for alittle Pokemanz! You probably know what I am running, which isnt hard to figure out, lol!

3. bugsbite

bugsbite New Member

An infernape deck???

4. mca3

mca3 New Member

Lol! This is Jake Right? If it is, You should know my Style and what I play, which is Rogue!!! I have been doing a lot of play testing, and the deck I am going to run is pretty fast, but I am trying to add a Possible Game-Changing tech! I would love to Top-Cut a Battle Roads, that would be Awsome for me, since I have Never Top-Cut any Tourney before!

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  5. charchar

charchar New Member

good luck to youre son Mr.M,tad miller. i havnt seen him for a year.

6. mca3

mca3 New Member

You know he will do well ,he is a Great player to be a Junior!

7. charchar

charchar New Member

yup. hes a beast player. 4th in NA for juniors. NICE!

8. mca3

mca3 New Member

Hopefully, I can move MY ranking into the Top 10 in NC, that would be nice!

9. charchar

charchar New Member

whats your name and what place are u right now?

10. mca3

mca3 New Member

Michael A., 17th I think, I have ONLY been in 5 Tourneys!

11. charchar

charchar New Member

seniors?masters?or juniors?

12. mca3

mca3 New Member

Masters, how about you???

13. charchar

charchar New Member

juniors,1 in all of virginia. 5th in north america juniors, right under tad!i remember him from states last year, him and his raieggs. rating 1895. i would be like over 1900 but i got donked in regionals. still won though. donked by a noob....

14. mca3

mca3 New Member

lol, but good job, dude! I would LOVE to win BRs this weekend, seeing that I have NEVER won before, it would be a Great confidence booster. I KNOW your going to Worlds, right???

15. charchar

charchar New Member

never won a tournement or never won a battle roads?
    i dont know. if i get an invite.....

16. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

steven, you're getting an invite as long as you don't mess up at nats.
    no pressure.:lol:

17. charchar

charchar New Member

jason said as long as youre 1850 ur in worlds.

18. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

^ dats a lie.
    44k-value is crucial.

it depends on how many goooood players are in the goooood areas.

19. charchar

charchar New Member

north america. its not a lie. unless something big happens....

20. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

I wouldnt trust Jason 100 %. Now, if you sat on that ranking and skipped Nats, you would probably get the invite, but you miss out on the chance for scholarships and travel awards @ Nats.

Keith

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

charchar: I went and looked at the JR top 50 in NA.....50th is at 1771. Taking the top 4 at Nats out of the equation (they get invites already), you have to be at least 29th in NA. CAN and MX JRs Nats get a couple of invites too, most likely getting them into top 25 also (after their Nats), so make it 32 or so then, bc of trickle downs. 32 right now is 1805, only 90 pts behind you now. If you lose a few @ Nats OR skip it, you could get passed up. My guess is you make it with a ranking of 1895 post Nats, but I'd hate to lose a couple of matches at Nats w/o winning any. K value of 44 is big!

Keith

Last edited: May 30, 2008