Greenzangoose's favorite 10 (Erm... 11) pokemon!

Discussion in 'Create-A-Card' started by greenzangoose, Mar 8, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. greenzangoose

greenzangoose New Member

:biggrin:Hello! I, thoughout the last few months. Have taken my top 10 (11...) pokemon and thought of some awesome and unique attacks and poke-powers/bodies. I thought this would be a great way to not only make new CAC's but to also tell you my favorite pokemon. :biggrin:

Before I get on to the custom cards. (I know, I'm stalling aren't I?) I need to explain a new game machanic of my own invention. It is called the poke-limit, it is a deck limitation (Or removal of one) for a certain card. When you read it you should be able to understand. :thumb:

Here are my top 10 (11) pokemon and their evolutions in order. (I put a number in front of the actual pokemon I like the most.)

1. Zangoose Lv.27 70HP {C}
    Basic pokemon
    {*} Random Encounter
    Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a pokemon or a supporter. Show that card to your opponent and add it to your hand. Shuffle the other revealed cards back into your deck. (If you don’t reveal a pokemon or a Supporter, shuffle all the revealed cards back into your deck.)
    {C}{C} Continuous Attack 20
    This attack does 20 damage times the amount of times you’ve used Continuous attack in a row (Including this time.)
    Weakness: {F} +20
    Resistance: None
    Retreat Cost: {C}

Larvitar Lv. 14 60HP {F}
    Basic pokemon
    Poke-power: Pupate
    You may only use this power at the end of you opponent’s turn, if Larvitar is your active pokemon. If Larvitar was not effected or damaged by an opponent's attack during this turn, search you deck for a card that evolves from Larvitar and put it on Larvitar. (This counts as evolving Larvitar.)
    {F} Mountain eater
    Look at the top 5 cards from the top of your deck and show them to your opponent. Then take all energy cards there and discard them. Add the rest of the cards to your hand.
    Weakness: {G} +10
    Resistance: {P} -20

Pupitar Lv. 34 90HP {F}
    Evolves from Larvitar
    Poke-body: Rubble Skin
    Whenever an attack does damage or places an effect on Pupitar discard 3 cards from the top of your deck. Put 1 damage counter on the defending pokemon for each card discarded.
    {F}{D} Heavy Glare
    The defending pokemon must attack during their next turn as long as they have the energy needed to do so and the defending pokemon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.
    Weakness: {G} +20
    Resistance: {P} -30
    Retreat Cost: {C}{C}

2. Tyranitar Lv. 57 130HP {D}
    Evolve from Pupitar
    {F} Heavy claw 40
    Discard 3 cards from the top of your deck.
    {F}{D} Dark Landslide 70
    Discard 5 cards from the top of your deck.
    {F}{F}{C} Earthquake 90
    Put one damage counter on each pokemon (Your’s and your opponent’s.)
    Weakness: {G} +20 {F} +20
    Resistance: {P} -40
    Retreat Cost: {C}{C}{C}

Tyranitar Lv.X 160HP {D}
    Level up from Tyranitar
    Poke-body: Fueling the Rage
    If Tyranitar is damaged by the defending pokemon (Even if Tyranitar is knocked out.), your opponent chooses 5 cards in your discard pile and adds it to your deck.
    {F}{F}{D}{D} Hyper Beam
    Discard as many cards as you want from the top of your deck. This attack does 30 damage for every two cards you discarded this way. Tyranitar can’t use Hyper Beam during your next turn.
    Weakness: {G} +30 {F} +30
    Resistance: {P} -40

Drifloon Lv.19 60HP {C}
    Basic pokemon
    Poke-power: Midday Friday
    Once during your turn (Before you attack.) If the defending pokemon attacked last turn but didn’t do damage or place an effect on any of your pokemon, you may search your deck for a Drifloon and put it on the bench. You may only use one ‘Midday Friday’ poke-power once per turn.
    {*} Floating Spirit
    Search your deck for one card and add it to your hand. Then, if you have any benched pokemon, shuffle Drifblim (and all cards attached to it,) into your deck.
    Weakness: {L} +10 {D} +10
    Resistance: {F} -10 {C} -10

3. Drifblim Lv.41 90HP {C}
    Evolves from Drifloon
    Poke-power: Baton Pass
    Once during your turn, you may switch your active pokemon with one of your benched pokemon. If you do, move all effects of attacks, status conditions, and counters (Excluding damage counters) on the old active pokemon can put them on the new active pokemon.
    {P} Spirit tug
    Flip a coin. If the result is heads this attack does 20 damage and the defending pokemon is now paralyzed. If the result is tails flip another coin. If the result of the second coin is heads, switch the defending pokemon with one of your opponent’s benched pokemon. If the second result is tails, shuffle Drifblim (And all cards attached to it,) into your deck.
    Weakness: {L} +20 {D} +20
    Resistance: {F} -20 {C} -20

4. Cubone Lv.8 40HP {F}
    Basic pokemon
    Poke-body: Bone Helmet
    Whenever an attack does damage to Cuebone flip three coins, for each heads reduce the damage by 10.
    {F} Morn
    Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a Trainer, or Supporter card. Put that Trainer or supporter card into your hand. Shuffle the other revealed cards back into your deck.
    Resistance: {L} -20
    Retreat Cost:{C}{C}

Marowak Lv.27 80HP {F}
    Evolves from Cubone
    Poke-body: Greater Bone Protection
    Whenever an attack does damage to Marowak flip five coins, for each heads reduce the damage by 10.
    {F} Bone boomerang
    Flip a coin for every energy attached to Marowak, for each heads this attack does 20 damage to one of your opponent’s pokemon (You may choose the same pokemon more than once.)
    Weakness: {G} +20
    Resistance: {L} -30
    Retreat Cost:{C}

Chinchou Lv.17 60HP {W}
    Basic pokemon
    {*} Positive Light
    Draw a card; if that card was an energy card draw two more cards.
    {*} Negative Light
    Discard a card from your opponents hand; if that card was an energy card discard another card.
    Resistance: {R} -10
    Retreat cost:{C}

5. Lantern Lv.30 90HP {L}
    Evolves from Chinchou
    Poke-power: Illuminate
    Once during your turn (Before you attack,) you may flip a coin. If the result is heads look at your opponents hand and choose one basic pokemon there. If the opponent doesn’t have a full bench, put that basic pokemon on the opponent’s bench.
    {C}{C} Aqua shock 10
    If Lantern has any {L} energy on it this attack does 10 damage plus 30 more damage. If Lantern has any {W} energy on it this attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s benched pokemon
    Weakness: {F} +20
    Resistance: {R} -20
    Retreat cost:{C}{C}

Chingling Lv.3 30HP {P}
    Basic pokemon
    Poke-Limit: Crowd Over
    If you have at least one pokemon with ‘Crowd over’ in your deck you must have four.
    Poke-power: Baby evolution
    Once during your turn (Before you attack,) you may put Chimecho from your hand onto Chingling (This counts as evolving Chingling) and remove all damage counters from Chingling.
    {*} Cry
    If the defending pokemon does damage to Chingling during your opponent’s next turn search your deck for one supporter and put it into your hand (Shuffle you deck afterwards.)
    Weakness: None
    Retreat cost: None

6. Chimecho Lv.29 60HP {P}
    Basic pokemon
    Poke-Power: Ringing cry
    Once during your turn (Before you attack,) you may draw a card. If Chimecho is an evolved pokemon draw one more card.
    Poke-Power: Death ring
    If Chimecho is knocked out your opponent flips one coin for every pokemon on your opponent’s side of the field. For each tails draw a card.
    Retreat cost: {C}

Chimecho Lv.X 80HP {P}
    Level up from Chimecho
    Poke-power: Beautiful cry
    You may use this power once during your turn (Before you attack,) if a pokemon that Chimecho is evolved from has the attack ‘Cry’. Search your deck for one card and add it to your hand
    Poke-body: Melodious chorus
    For every Chimecho or Chingling on your bench your active pokemon has {C} less retreat.

7. Heracross Lv.26 90HP {G}
    Basic pokemon
    Poke-body: Guts
    If Heracross is affected by a status condition or the effect of your opponent attack all damage done by Heracross does 30 more damage.
    {F}{C} Heavy Snoring 40
    You may use this attack even while Heracross is asleep. This attack can only be used while Heracross is asleep.
    {G}{F}{C} Mega Horn 80
    Weakness: {C} +20
    Retreat Cost: {C}{C}

Carvanah Lv.16 50HP {W}
    Basic pokemon
    {D} Sharp fang 20
    {D}{D} Shadow strike 40
    Weakness: {L} +20
    Retreat Cost:{C}

8. Sharpedo Lv.42 90HP {W}
    Evolves from Carvanah
    {D} Extra sharp fang 40
    {D}{D} Dark tackle 70
    Weakness: {L} +30
    Retreat cost:{C}

9. Chatot Lv.15 70HP {C}
    Basic pokemon
    Poke-Limit: Deck Swarm
    There is no limit to the amount of pokemon with ‘Deck Swarm’ you can have in your deck.
    {*} Echo
    During your opponents next turn, whenever your opponent discards or draws cards from his/her deck or hand discard/draw the same amount.
    {C}{C} Warble
    This attack does 10 damage times the amount of Chatot in play.
    Weakness: {L} +20
    Resistance: {F} -20

Swinub Lv.11 60HP {W}
    Basic pokemon
    {*} Random Find
    Flip two coins. If the result is both heads search your deck for one card and add it to your hand. If only the first coin is heads search your deck for a supporter and add it to your hand. If only the second coin is heads search your deck for a pokemon and add it to your hand.
    Weakness: {R} +10
    Resistance: {L} -10

10. Piloswine Lv.34 100HP {W}
    Evolves from Swinub
    Poke-body: Ice Type
    Don’t apply fire weakness to any of Piloswines attacks. All damage done by Piloswine to {C} or {G} type pokemon does 20 more damage.
    {W}{C} Icy Wind 40
    Flip a coin. If the result is head the defending pokemon is paralyzed.
    {W}{W}{C} Blizzard 60
    This attack does 10 damage to each player’s benched pokemon. The defending pokemon can’t use attacks that cost one energy or less during their next turn.
    Weakness: {R} +30
    Resistance: {L} -20
    Retreat cost: {C}{C}{C}

Mamoswine Lv.67 140HP {W}
    Evolves from Piloswine
    Poke-Limit: Almost Extinct
    You may only have one pokemon with ‘Almost Extinct’ in your deck.
    {W}{W}{W} Ice burg
    Roll a six sided die, this attack does 20 damage times the amount on the die. If the result is 1 or 2 this attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s benched pokemon. If the result is 5 or 6 this attack does 20 damage to each of your benched pokemon.
    {W}{W}{W}{W}{W} Ice Age
    You can’t use this attack if there are 5 or less benched pokemon on the field. This attack does 70 damage to each player’s benched pokemon. For every benched pokemon that is knocked out by this put two damage counters on the defending pokemon.
    Weakness: {F} +40
    Resistance: {L} -40
    Retreat cost:{C}{C}{C}{C}

Geodude Lv.10 80HP {F}
    Basic Pokemon
    {R} Rock Polish
    Put one ‘Polish’ counter on Geodude. For every ‘Polish’ counter on a pokemon their retreat cost costs {C} less.
    Weakness: {W} +10

Graveler Lv.28 100HP {F}
    Evolves from Geodude
    {R}{R} Rock slam 30
    {R}{R} Strengthen
    Put one ‘Strengthen’ counter on Graveler. For every ‘Strengthen’ counter on a pokemon all attacks that does damage to the defending pokemon do 10 more damage.
    Weakness: {W} +20
    Retreat cost: {C}{C}

11. Golem Lv.53 140HP {F}
    Evolves from Graveler
    Poke-Body: Chisel and Shine
    Golem can use the attacks of the pokemon it is evolved from. For every 2 ‘Polish and ‘Strengthen’ counters on Golem when you play Golem from your hand to evolve a pokemon, put another ‘Polish’ or ‘Strengthen’ counter on Golem.
    {R}{R}{R} Mega Bulk Up 50
    All damage done to Golem during your next turn is reduced by 30
    {R}{R}{R}{R} Explosion 140
    This attack does 140 damage to Golem.
    Weakness: {W} +30

Please tell me if you see a mistake/misbalanced card/ect...! :biggrin::thumb::biggrin:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  2. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

You put [R] for Cubone. Drifloon searches your deck to put a card in your deck.

You messed up quite badly on your Retreat Cost/HP. You gave the Chime line free retreat. Cubone has 40HP, 2 Retreat. Graveler and Piloswine have 110HP. Geodude has 80HP. Drifblim and Drifloon have too much HP.

3. greenzangoose

greenzangoose New Member

Oops, Knew I'd missed something with 24 cards... Lol on the drifloon. :lol::nonono: I'll just fix those. :rolleyes:

Hmmm... I like the low HP/low retreat for chimecho line, maybe I'll give Chimecho and Lv.X 1... Cubone is supposed to have 40 HP, look at the power, it's free protection so the HP is lowish, and the two retreat is good, Cubone is not as fast as Marowack. 110HP on a stage one that is big should be OK! with bigger attacks everywhere larger HP is needed! The drifblim I slightly agree, I'll lower it a little. :thumb:

How about the rest of the cards (Yea, I know there is a ton of them.) Is the poke-limit game machanic good? Are the powers and attacks balanced/nice/awesome? How about giving some props with those slops for the good cards? Yes? No? Maybe? Calimari? :confused:

4. charmander rox

So far, all Cubones have had [C] Retreat.
    If you're going to give Chingling free retreat, it needs 30HP.
    Piloswine has far too much HP. Make it 100HP, 3 RC.
    Mamoswine should have 140HP.
    Geodudes have 60HP max.
    Gravelers have 90HP max.
    Golems have 130HP max.

5. greenzangoose

greenzangoose New Member

Not moving on Cuebone, it's a lot slower than Marowack (Plus this is a sad one at that) and should be as such. So far may be the key word... :smile:
    Ok with 30HP on Chingling,
    Piloswine Makes sense.
    And so does mamaswine.
    But 80, 100 and 140 isn't that big of a streach for Golem. Not movin there. :smile:

Thansk for the input Char Rox! :biggrin::thumb:

6. meditite rox

meditite rox New Member

80HP is HUGE! 70 would already be stretching it, but 80? With only 1 Retreat? I'd say 70 [C][C][C] Retreat would be better!

7. poketo

poketo New Member

Chatot *>_> you have unlimited wow you might as well make it a new type of lunarock :rolleyes: all dependent on each other for 60 damage max. Right the low budget deck is back.

Golem: Explosion is ment to selfko itself with 30 less i get but 100 to itself ????? :confused:

8. greenzangoose

greenzangoose New Member

Low budget deck? My point exactly. :biggrin:

Ah good point... I'll just fix it up a bit (And no it won't do 140 damage :tongue:) :nonono::nonono::nonono:

There! How's that?

9. charmander rox

You've still got the [R] problem...

and the HP problem...

10. poketo

poketo New Member

Changed Poke-limit now it will be much more easyly said