Grou-DONK!(DP-On, as always)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Danny B, Jul 5, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny B

Danny B New Member

Pokemon:11

4x Groudon (LA)

3x Regirock (LA)

2x Baltoy (GE)
    2x Claydol (GE)

Energy:20

4x Call Energy
    16x Fighting Energy

Trainers:32

4x Stark Mountain (LA)
    4x Energy Switch (LA)
    4x Quick Ball (MD)
    3x Warp Point (MD)
    1x Switch (DP)
    1x Time Space Distortion (MT)

4x Roseannes Research (SW)
    4x Bebe's Search (SW)
    4x Falicity's Draw (GE)

Strategy:
    T2 Groudon and do a 100 damadge. Then Regirock recycles the energy, Stark Mountain or Energy Switch for 100 damadge EVERY SINGAL TURN.

==========================================================

Regirock LV.51 – :fighting: – HP90
    Basic Pokemon

Poke-Power: Regi Cycle
    You can use this Power once during your turn, if you have :fighting: Energy in your discard pile. Discard 2 cards from your hand. Then, attach 1 Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokemon. This Power can't be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

:fighting::fighting::colorless Stone Edge: 40
    Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 30 damage.

Weakness: :water: (x2)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: :colorless:colorless:colorless

==========================================================

Groudon LV.45 – :fighting: – HP100
    Basic Pokemon

[.] Drought
    Attach up to 2 Basic :fighting: Energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.

:fighting::fighting::colorless Huge Quake: 100
    Discard 2 :fighting: Energy attached to Groudon and do 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: :grass: (x2)
    Resistance: :lightning (-20)
    Retreat: :colorless:colorless:colorless

As unbeatable as it seems, Mewtwo Lv.X creams this. So what i'll do is prolly end up adding in Breloom with Moonlight Stadium, becuase he goes with the energy type (for Kyogre I would have went with Milotic GE)

Any thoughts can go below and i'll reply as soon as I can,
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  2. Danny B

Danny B New Member

BUMPERS!!!!!

Danny

3. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Yeah whoo Groudonk, LOL! I'm gonna play this at League next season, possibly at a BRs. I'm thinking about either doing it like what you did, or like this:

Pokemon (4):

Groudon LA x4

Trainers (26):

Roseanne's Research x4
    Buck's Training x4
    Plus Power x4
    Quick Ball x4
    Energy Patch x4
    Cynthia's Hope x2
    Time-Space Disortion x2
    Night Maintenance x2

Energy (30):

Fighting Energy x30

Well, yeah, everything's kinda obvious here... get T2 100 damage every game, and start ryushing them so they have to send out sacrifice lambs to survive the onslaught and actually get set up... hopefully Energy Patch will get you everything you need, if not, don't be afraid to Drought for the Energy and power up a Beched Groudon. Quick Ball may be useless, but I've throw it in here just to be cool and I couldn't think of anything else. Since you only have 4 Basics, 4 recovery cards are needed, and then Quick Ball or Roseanne';s can get them. Here, Quick Ball is a Bebe's without the drawback, AKA a Ceilio's, SO it's awsome. Plus Power and Buck's are to take on bigger opponent's like the Pixie Lv.Xs, Kingdra, etc. Not much else here, so... yeah... oh, and Cynthia's can probally be replaced by Wager, and probally shoul, because then you can stop them from getting set up. I'm thinking of throwing something in like Powion (LOL) or Bubble Coat; Potion to survive Kingdra for a turn longer, and Bubble Coat to get rid of that big Weakness to Leafeon.

Well, that's just an idea for you, test out both versions and see which one works best for you.

Oh, and for your list, you need more Fighting Energy. Here are my fixes:

-1 Regirock
    +1 TSD
    -4 Energy Switch
    +4 Plus Power
    -4 Felicity's
    +4 Buck's
    -1 Switch
    +1 Night Maintenance
    -4 Call
    +4 Fighting
    -4 Quick Ball
    +1 Night Maintenance
    +3 Cynthia's Hope OR Wager

4. Danny B

Danny B New Member

Well, you need Regirock for your deck otherwise you can't use Quake every singal turn. Soon you'll run out of energys in your hand (not in your deck thoe), top decking 1 fighting energy every turn putting you behind. Mewtwo Lv.X and Mightyena LA cream you too.

Your fixs are debatable, althoe if I had more TSD it would definitely go in.

Thanks for the imput

Danny

5. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

With your deck though, your going to start with Regirock or Baltoy over 50% of the time, which is bad. You want to start with Groudon, so you can donk them. And you only have 16 Fighting. NOT ENOUGH. You want to be able to donk them. Standard GrouDONK has more consistency then this one does, and, is you're actually expecting to beat Mewtwo X with Claydol, then... Well, you're not gonna. Warp Points will be the only thing saving you. And unless they're stupid enough not to send up Mewtwo X, then you still have to deal with Mewtwo Lv.X.

If you only have 1 TSD, then put in 2 NMs instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.