2 PlusPower
2 Felicity's Drawing
2 Night Maintenance
1 TM-02

17 Fighting Energy
4 Call Energy

Spoilers:

Groudon LA (Basic Pokemon) 100HP
[.] Drought - Choose Up to two [FT] energy from your hand and attach them to 1 of your Pokemon.
[FT][FT][C] - Major Earthquake - 100
- Discard two [FT] energy attached to Groudon and this attack does 10 damage to each of your own benched Pokemon (don't apply weakness or resistance for benched Pokemon).

Weakness - Grass x 2
Resistance - Lightning -20
Retreat - [C][C][C]

Regirock LA (Basic Pokemon) 90HP
[Power] - Regicycle
- Once during your turn (before your attack), if you have a [FT] energy in your discard pile, you may discard two cards from your hand. Then, attach a [FT] energy in your discard pile to Regirock. This power can't be used if Regirock is affected by a special condition.

[FT][FT][C] - Stone Edge 40+
- Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 40 damage plus 30 more damage.

Weakness - Water x2
Resistance - N/A
Retreat - [C][C][C]

Strategy:

The idea is to have Groudon attacking by turn two. This is possible via your first turn energy attach and drought. Next turn he's swinging for 100. Now you have to discard two energies. This is where Regirock (and presumably Claydol) come in. Regirock lets you discard two cards and bring a Fighting energy back. If you have Claydol out, go ahead and draw while your hand is low. Do whatever you can to hopefully pull out a Stark Mountain. Use Stark Mountain to get the energy back to Groudon, attach for the turn, and you're in business for another 100. Plus Powers take care of 100plus HP pokemon. Energy search is to make sure you can attach to Groudon every turn. Warp Point for the usual. 3 Switches? Takes care of Regirock starts/promotes. Drifblim is for Mewtwo/Yanmega matchups (yanmega because the weakness/resistance bit destroys Groudon). Drifblim also takes care of promotes.

Ideas/Comments/Criticisms/Suggestions?

- Xaej

Last edited:
Very good, thought of this exact idea the other day, just a few cards different. Energy Search is retarded, just take those out for 4 energy. I do think this is going to be a viable deck.

Energy search is a great idea! You can draw into those the same as energy, or fail the search to draw extra with Claydol.

No offense, but stop being stupid. For T1 Groudon, you can't play any trainers, and how would you like to have Energy Search in your hand instead of an energy to use Groudon's attack? And why would you want to thin your hand with this deck? You need as many energy as you can muster at every point in the game, and you will never have no energy in your deck for the Energy Search to fail. It's always been a useless card.

Alright, so I take out 4 Energy Search. What do I add? I don't want 23 energy. Any ideas?

- Xaej

No offense, but stop being stupid. For T1 Groudon, you can't play any trainers, and how would you like to have Energy Search in your hand instead of an energy to use Groudon's attack? And why would you want to thin your hand with this deck? You need as many energy as you can muster at every point in the game, and you will never have no energy in your deck for the Energy Search to fail. It's always been a useless card.

Dude, chill out.

I do agree with you on the energy switch, but you don't have to be so harsh.

It looks like I am not the only one who say this combo. Have you thought about energy pickup?

Yeah, I have. Lol, everyone recommends that card in every deck now! lol.. Anyway, its a great card, I'm sure. But I literally will never, EVER, win a coin toss so I try to avoid it.

What about Bebe's? Just further search to ensure I get everyone (i.e. Claydol) out asap.

- Xaej

Last edited:
The odds are always 50/50. With no Scott, you will not always have your stark mountain in play. Without any testing, I can almost guarantee you will need either energy switch or energy pickup.

I do agree with more poke search. Quick Ball

I would say -1 Regirock

Haha. Clever. Now how would you like to hear this? This deck, literally helps Empoleon win. Bronzong uses Amplify Pain ftw. Harsh but you will need some way of protecting yourself from him.

Dude, do you not understand the point to this deck? It's to hope for a T1 Win, or to hope to keep the energy flowing to pretty much OHKO everything, so unless they find a way to quickly evolve it (i understand Rare Candy) He won't really have a problem with it

As PokePockets said, the idea is to KO things before they become a threat. However, shouldBronzong become a pain, I could always try LA Lopunny.

- Xaej

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Alright, made some changes.

-1 Switch
+1 Warp Point
When testing, I kept wanting my switch in hand to be a Warp Point, so...

-4 Energy Search
-1 Night Maintenance
-1 Fighting Energy
+2 Bebe's Search
+4 Call Energy (I can't believe I missed this on first build..)

- Xaej

Just an update... I have established FOR SURE, that this deck cannot lose to BlisseyBannette. If it can, then your opening hand must have been Baltoy and 6 energies...

- Xaej

Last edited:
U should totally play that devolvin technical machine. If it comes 2 them playin a stage 2. Hit em 4 100 and devolve lol!!

Awesome idea! The one thing I've been very worried about is Kingdra. I'm thinking they can rare candy and be as fast as I can, but with this, I take them back down to Horsea, problem solved. New Changes:

-2 PlusPower
-2 Buck's Training
-1 Felicity's Drawning
+3 Energy Switch (in case I don't have Stark)
+1 Bebe's Search (additional Claydol/etc search)
+1 TM-02 (devoluter)

Deck's up to 8-0 now, btw.

- Xaej

Alright guys, I need help with this.

What if I go up against Mewtwo lv. X? Any ideas? I honestly have no idea what to do against that one..

- Xaej

Last edited:
Drop a bebe's and an energy switch 4 2 more pluspower. It jus looks like u need more energy in there. My build hasn't been worked on as much as urs, but I've found that the more the marrier(did I spell that right?).

Kingdra is a problem for groudon, I had to rely on luck of having 2 PP + 1 Bucks to KO it lol. Plus the fact that Earthquake only helps kingdra's sniping ability.

Fair enough. As I said before, I haven't had much experience with Kingdra just yet, but as I do, I will continue to modify and tweak this teak as I see fit to counter its main problems.

On the other hand, Mewtwo lv X, should it become mass-played, and I expect it shall due to AMU, is going to be a huge problem for me, and I am currently looking at a few different options for dealing with it.

My first anti-Mewtwo idea:

LA Drifblim/MD Drifloon
Drifblim hits for 60 for 3 colorless, meaning I still don't need to run psychic energy while hitting Mewtwo lv X's double weakness for his full 120. I realize that snowpoint temple could be problematic there, but thats what I'm hoping to use Stark Mountain to get rid of (should all go well, that is). Also, MD Drifloon is just a kinda neat card. Plus, Drifblim has free retreat.

Suggestions/Thoughts?

- Xaej

This deck seems like it would need 4 Night Maintenance just to keep from decking or running out of energies since you're essentially discarding cards every turn (discard 2 with regi, get one back, then discard 2 for the attack.)

You don't have to discard energy with Regirock. You can discard any card. After 8 games, I'm yet to do anything near run out of energy.

Not to sound obnoxious, but its seriously not a problem at all.

- Xaej

UPDATE: Yanmega gives this deck a LOT of trouble. It might do a bit better once I add in the Drifblim, but as of right now, Yanmega is my weakness and Groudon is his resistance. The inability to OHKO it is just terrible.

- Xaej

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back