Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Guess what I found at Target!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBob

Okay, not the new series... ;) Had you worried for a second though....

It's a "Four Card Collector Frame", a pretty spiffy hard plastic frame (with stand) that holds your four favorite Pokémon cards. The front of the stand also has the Pokémon-e logo on it... for $5, it's a neat little piece to have...

I liked getting the Neo sets bags from Target. They had 3 Booster packs of 3 random Neo sets and only costed $3. Real good deal for 3 Booster packs, check your local Target to see if they still have them. :)

Promos 16, 17, 18, and 19 are free to grab at guess where...that is right, Target!

Okay here is the deal, if you go to the food avenue at your nearest target you can get a free promo (at no purchase necessary), it will randomly be:

#16 Treecko
#17 Torchic
#18 Mupkip
#19 Whismur

These are all new cards that have not yet been released in any collection (for once). That is not all you can also get a coupon for the card frame (discussed here) for free after buying three of any ex-series product.

My there is certainly alot of Target going on!

I need to make a correction here, there is a purchase required you need to buy a medium frozen drink to get the card, this according to thier ad for this week check it out at Target.com

NMScizor said:
I need to make a correction here, there is a purchase required you need to buy a medium frozen drink to get the card, this according to thier ad for this week check it out at Target.com
If that is the case then there is more than one target not doing their job right. Besides I can't find anything on the target websites that says this.

Last edited:
Hey UncleBob, go to the Diner or Service desk. You'll get one-of-four NEW promos to put in your frame. They're Wismur, Mudkip, Torchic, and Treeko.

Well SteveP beat me to the punch about the promos at Target (but he at least knew what they were as i haven't gone yet). But are they TCG promos or ones like Topps?

OK merged the thread that MT posted as everyone seems to be going to the original Target topic to discuss the new promos. Looks like i'll be drinking plenty of Icees.....

Wait, wait... let me get this straight... Target releases EX Sandstrom early... they get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again. They then go and release Dragon early, so they get four brand new exclusive promo cards, a cool exclusive frame, and promotion by being affiliated with the Kids WB contest (via the $500 gift card)?

Dang... this just doesn't seem fair at all. The stores supporting the game running tournaments and such don't even get original promos...

So, I take it these are the next 4 in the Nintendo Blackstar series? Possibly English versions of the Japanese nnn/ADV-P promo set?

They are all black star promos, 016,017,018,019 thay are all cool, with new pictures and different attacks so, they are new! The pictures are awesome! Good thing the medium frozen drinks are cheap, I got three, now I just need Torchic!:)

Last edited:
GOROY said:
They are all black star promos, 016,017,018,019 thay are all cool, with new pictures and different attacks so, they are new! The pictures are awesome! Good thing the medium frozen drinks are cheap, I got three, now I just need Torchic!:)

GORY what part of NJ are you from . I went to three stores today , and nobody knew anything about the cards, the picture frame or the card art contest.

SteveP - please tell us more about the promo cards!

They are as GOROY and mt posted above.Brand new TCG promos(Nintendo Black Star promos 016-019).You buy an Icee or a kids meal to get one.I threw on "Da Ladies Man charm" and sweet talked the ladies into giving me 20 of them.As it turns out,I got 5 of each card(Well,I did purchase two Icees before and got two Whismurs). :cool:

Cards are posted below.

`Sensei

Treecko (#016) 40HP G

C Pound 10

G Sporadic Sponging 10
Flip a coin.If heads,remove 1 damage
counter from Treecko.

W= R
R=W
RT=C

Torchic (#017) 50HP R

RC Ember 30
Discard a R Energy card attached
to Torchic.

W=W
R=
RT=C

Mudkip (#018) 50HP W

W Surf 10

WC Whirlpool 10
Flip a coin.If heads,discard an Energy card
attached to the defending pokemon

W=L
R=
RT=C

Whismur (#019) 50HP C

C Supersonic
Flip a coin.If heads,the defending
Pokemon is now confused.

C Pound 10

W=F
R=
RT=C

Last edited:
I went ot our closest Target - and although they had the frames, and knew that a promotion was starting soon, they weren't yet giving out cards...

Sensei said:
Treecko (#016) 40HP G

C Pound 10

G Sporadic Sponging 10

W= R
R=W
RT=C

Are you sure you have that right? I haven't seen them, so I don't know for sure, but having one attack cost :colorless , then the next cost :grass: doesn't make much sense considering the two attacks appear to do the exact same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back