Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Guess who's back? (Blisseylutions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdraz07

Blissey's been having some trouble as of late, thanks to Gallade. However, now that MD is in the picture, Blissey has some new partners to help dish out the damage and accel energy drops.

3-3 Blissey MT
4 Eevee (Sand Attack)
2 Leafeon (holo)
2 Leafeon Lv. X
1 Espeon
1 Umbreon
2-2 Claydol GE
=20

4 Boost
4 Call
10 Grass
=18

2 Windstorm/BF
4 Celio's
3 Felicity's
2 NM
2 Pluspower
2 Roseanne's
4 TVR
3 Warp Point
=22

Strat: Ideally you'll draw a Call in your opening hand and fetch 2 basics on the bench. Blissey is the main attacker early game because it will put so much pressure on the opponent. Leafeon is the mid-game attacker and energy accel for late-game attackers. Espy/Umby make Leafeon a 130 HP free retreat no weakness beast. I originally had Scramble in so that they could attack but it was underwhelming. Claydol, despite the huge amount of draw already, helps out a lot.

I'm really rusty on my Blissey lists, so if anyone has fixes it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
There's 4 Call for getting other Eevees, and if you start with Eevee you usually want a Chansey and a Baltoy on the bench, not more Eevees. AND Sand Attack really puts a damper on some decks early game.

Isn't Battle Frontier > Windstorm in here? You have OHKO ability and Warp Point to deal with Cess, and countering Beach with an answer to Togekiss could be cool.

4 bebes are ok. not 4 celios. maybe 4 pluspowers? play 2-2 unbreon and espeon becuase it gets prized.

I had this same idea. My only real concern with Blissey was the lack of bench dmg. I'll probably build this, so I'll post again when I have some experience with the deck.

Leafeon = no weakness to Gallade.

@Prime: Why does it need to do bench damage? Late game Leafeon should be able to OHKO everything in the format.

not true. im talking about bliss. leafeon can get sniped. mag. when u kill with leafeon. they kill you.

Nobody plays mag here anymore, so I'm not worried about it. With Espeon in play they have to hit it twice with Bazooka before they Buster it anyways.

And if they charge up a Gallade first, they're going to try and kill the whole deck, not just Blissey.

How do you suggest changing the deck? All I hear is "blah blah blah weakness/sniping blah blah blah" As if every deck loses to sniping and weakness.

Charchar, I really don't think you know what you're talking about right now...
This will do just a well against GG and Mag as just about any other deck would.
And the 1-1 Esp/Umb is fine, they aren't crucial to the deck so it isn't that crippling if they do happen to be prized.

I think the list looks great, not really any changes that need to be made.
Maybe 1 more Roseanne is the only thing I can think of.

The reason I mention bench sniping is because the opponent could stall until the got up something to OHKO the blissey and just clean house.

q

rock band is a bad matchup for this deck. but u should build it so we can play test and see cause i got to play three games against it ha ha:thumb::cool:

Lol...I'm not expecting to play against a lot of RockBand there's only 3 or 4 ppl that play it and one of them isn't even in our division. You lost to this on Sunday too! lol

Warp Point should be enough disruption to get through the late game. The fact that Leafeon feeds off of having something charged on your bench also gives you a little bit more resilience.

100 dollars says gg will own this 80-20 =)

Add in holon wp, and the energy variants since blissey is your main attacker.. I would take out call energy.. If you don't start with it, then its kinda crapish.. I would just add in mentor so you can discard energy then get it back with blissy.

but beside that good list.

Prize_Card: I'll take that 100 bucks right now then...I went 3-0 last night on redshark against Chris's list :biggrin:

You obviously don't understand this deck based on the changes you want me to make. I usually want them to Sonic Blade me because then I can keep all the energy on Blissey and do more damage with Leafeon. Running WP would be stupid because then they can't make the misplay of Sonic Blading and just going straight for the KO. I would also have to dilute the energy even more to include enough Water energy for WP to be relevant, and I need Grass for Leafeon. Considering I already run Call and Boost, that would bring the basic energy count down even lower, which is also bad for Blissey.

Call Energy is useful throughout the game because if you happen to draw into it, you can attach it and another energy with Leafeon, adding 20 damage to anybody's attack. Also, if you catch somebody trying to send up a sacrificial lamb late game, you can just NM and get back some basics.

I don't like Mentor in here because there are already 7 discard supporters and Call Energy gets the basics I need. Roseanne's is much better here because if I need to use it to grab basics early game, I can, and late game I can go grab 2 Grass and attach them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back