2 Glacia's Stadium (PK)
3 Super Scoop Up (DP)
3 Celios Network (CG)
1 Windstorm (CG)

Energy (18)
2 Cyclone Energy (PK)
3 Fight Energy
13 Water Energy

This deck was posted last week and was discussed on the forums. I thought this deck had potential, so I put it together. After some testing. I believe with some tinkering can stand-up to today’s meta-game.

The strategy is pretty straight forward: use Togekiss’ Serene Grace with Pelipper’s Jet Return for big damage.

When testing against G&G and Mags, I was able to win about 50/50. The problem that I had with the deck is it ran out of steam toward the end game, and I found it hard to take the last one or two prizes, as building up a Togekiss or Pelipper without Serene Grace was tough. Oddly, I also found that Claydol (GE), although nice, didn't seem necessary. In a few games I didn’t even get Claydol (GE) out, or it was sniped quickly. This really didn’t hurt the deck as much as I thought it would. My testing suggests the following list would be better:

Pokemon (20)
3-2-3 Togekiss (GE)
4-4 Pelipper (GE)
2-1 Palkia LV. X (GE)
1 Rayquaza d (HP)

Trainers (22)
3 Rare Candy (GE)
2 Castaways (CG)
2 Strength Charm (DF)
2 Steven's Advice (PK)
3 Super Scoop Up (DP)
3 Celios Network (CG)
2 Windstorm (CG)
2 Professor Oaks Visit (MT)

Energy (18)
12 Water Energy
3 WP Holon Energy (DF)
3 Psychic Energy

Suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks,

i have a deck like this. play a fishing engin with no supoters and a 1-1 claydol and 3 pachi 2 sable sw
no spe energies only basic water

Thanks for the suggestions.

PaTrIoTsFaN12 - How's the fishing engine work for you? I see where it's good because it thins the deck out and allows for more energy draw.

I don't think Pachi is the play for me because I think it's important to do as little set-up as possible. I found that I was able KO two Pokemon rather quickly and distrupt my opponent's set-up. This went a long way in helping me win.

WP Holo Energy or Unown G seem necessary in the deck because Sonic Blade and Take Down are nasty against this deck. That's why I have WP Holo Energy.

Thanks for the suggestions.

PaTrIoTsFaN12 - How's the fishing engine work for you? I see where it's good because it thins the deck out and allows for more energy draw.

I don't think Pachi is the play for me because I think it's important to do as little set-up as possible. I found that I was able KO two Pokemon rather quickly and distrupt my opponent's set-up. This went a long way in helping me win.

WP Holo Energy or Unown G seem necessary in the deck because Sonic Blade and Take Down are nasty against this deck. That's why I have WP Holo Energy.

u try to turn your deck in to enegies thats why u play fishing engine and play super scoop up

PaTrIoTsFaN12 - I understand why the fishing engine works well with this deck. I should have clarified my questions better. Is it consistant with getting the Pokemon you need? If so, what do you run in your engine if you don't mind sharing.

PaTrIoTsFaN12 - I understand why the fishing engine works well with this deck. I should have clarified my questions better. Is it consistant with getting the Pokemon you need? If so, what do you run in your engine if you don't mind sharing.

i run 4 quick
2 dusk
3 master
1 dual
2 great
3 night mantince
4 super scoop up
4 rare candy

those are my trainers

the only way i can make changes is if i try it out ill try it out and see what needs changing

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Pokemon (17)
3-1-3 Togekiss
3-3 Pelipper
2-2 Palkia LV. X

Trainers (25)
3 rare candy
3 plus power
3 left overs
4 quick ball
2 poke nav
4 prof oaks visit
2 bills maintenance
2 windstorm
2 celios network

Energy (18)
2 boost
16 water energy

I use plus powers instead of strength charm because you can stack them and i put in left overs instead of scoop ups and the boost is because with togekiss' power you want to use on peliper so the boost is so that if needed you can attack with togekiss easily if you have already used your other turns attaching energy to peliper

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

lol let me make a correction to my list take out one quick ball and put in rosanne's

Last edited:
^ im pretty sure the super scoop up were in there for reusing togekiss' power, not as much as avoiding damage.

i dont think that the ray/suicune are needed in either list.

makes sense so than here you go

Pokemon (17)
3-1-3 Togekiss
3-3 Pelipper
2-2 Palkia LV. X

Trainers (25)
3 rare candy
3 plus power
3 super scoop up
4 quick ball
2 poke nav
4 prof oaks visit
2 bills maintenance
2 windstorm
2 celios network

Energy (18)
2 boost
16 water energy

Yes, SSC is to allow for using Togekiss' Serene Grace multiple times. In games, I usually pulled off a Togekiss' Serene Grace twice in a row, which is basically 90-120 damage.

I don't like Plus Powers as much as Strength Charms because I can search them out. There were only a couple of times where stacking Plus Powers would have helped. Usually, the magic number is 130 for damage. Let me know how the Plus Powers work out for you. I would play them in a fishing engine, which I'll try.

I agree that Suicune (SW) isn't needed, however Ray d (HP) does help against weakness. I don't see too many lightening pokemon running around thanks to G&G, however I think PolygonZ will see play.

Boost can be helpful, but I'll have to stick with WP for now. Sonic Blade and Take Down were killer against this deck, although Boost could be useful at crunch time.

Thanks for the feedback. It's helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back