Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gyarados LV. X

Potato Head

Since the beginning of Poketime, Gyarados has been one of my favorites. I always felt, however, that a TCG Gyarados was rather weak compared to his video game counterpart. With that said, I present Gyarados LV X.

Gyarados LV X
140HP
type - :colorless

Poke-Body - Intimidate
As long as Gyarados is your active pokemon, damage done to Gyarados LV X by your opponent's pokemon is reduced by 20HP. This power can't be used if Gyarados LV X is affected by a special condition.

Dragon Dance - :fire::water:
During your next turn, Gyarados LV X does 20+ damage to the defending Pokemon and the defending Pokemon is Paralyzed.

Dragon Fang - :fire::water::colorless:colorless 80

Weakness
:lightning+30

Resistance
:fire::fighting: - 20

Retreat
:colorless:colorless:colorless

I created the card but I'm unable to upload its image. When I get the privalages, I try to get it posted.

Last edited:
Why is it [C]?
Dragon Dance is underpowered, Dragon Fang is overpowered. Instant Paralyzed just doesn't exist.

Noted. I moved the paralyze effect under the Dragon Dance. This does make more sense as the video game version boosts its users attack AND speed. This also solves the problem of the underpowered / overpowered comment.

It is colorless because of its attack. Since most dragons are cololess, I figured this was appropriate.

Back